I have only limited choice of my first uke, which should be the best.

Spectro

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
it's not so long since i decided to buy ukulele. I fell in love with the happy sound it makes. I play guitar for few years and want to try something new and more portable. I'm torn between few ukes so I'd like to ask for your help. I'm leaning more towards getting tenor uke but concert should be also fine. The only problem is i have very limited choise of ukes where i live (slovakia). I want to spend up to 120-ish € on ukulele + around 20€ on bag.

Went to local shop and they recomended me german made MSA UK 30. Couldn't find a lot of info about it on web, and it took a while to even find something. http://www.engrosmusik.dk/en/ukulele/1125-msa-uk-30.html I'm not sure if i should go with this one, even when i know shop owners and they suggested it. It should cost around 90 €. It says it's tuned a d fis h. Is is problem to downtune to gc a or do i need new set of strings ?

I am also considering Lanikai S-T. Bit more expensive but still in my price range.

For the concert size ukuleles i can choose from Lag U77c and epiphone Les paul.

I can have it set up in the shop so some minor things can be fixed. What uke would be best to go with? Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Top Bottom