Worth It? Cheap...nice... broken? uke.

Personally I'm Pro-blemished-instruments, but that's one wicked jacked-up uke! Its gonna require some real surgery! Says the fretboard is cracked. I wouldn't pay much for it. Eleven dollars, some clamps and a crash course on Luthierology, you just might get a uke out of it. But I wouldn't bid on it.

I wouldn't chance it. That uke is pretty messed up.

For $11, you can't go wrong. Two lattes at Starbucks will cost you that much, so it's not like you'll break the bank if you can't fix it. If you're adventurous and like to DIY, might be worth a bid. The separation looks clean. The split is wide enough to get some sand paper in there to clean off the old glue. Put a little new wood glue in there and you'll be good to go.

The one area that might pose a little difficulty is the fret board. Says that it's slightly cracked at the neck joint. There's probably a fret at that joint and it might be loose after the neck is glued back on. Nothing that a little krazy glue won't fix, though.

i can't tell if the fret board is crack, but if the fret board is crack its gonna take more work and you have to pay 20 for shipping, i think its repairable with glue n clamp though.

If you want to expand your uke collection, save up and get a nice one. This is the lowest in the Lanikai line, so you don't gain much from buying it. Get some cash and shop around for something more special, would be my advice.

Unless of course, you want to paint it gold and burn it on stage. In that case it could be a sweet deal.

Top Bottom