FS: Bruko Custom Soprano: Spruce/Walnut with Tweed Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-mace

Reaction score
I recently purchased this from Connor. Here's his for sale thread and additional pictures. He did an excellent job describing and photographing the Bruko so if you are interested it would be helpful to review his thread.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?80979-FS-Bruko-Spruce-Walnut-custom-soprano&highlight=bruko

Wood: Spruce top, walnut back and sides, maple neck and headstock, walnut fretboard (looks sweet) and rosewood nut and bridge.

Reason for selling: As mentioned from others, the Bruko has a unique voice that probably isn't the best match for me. I'd say it's jangly and old-timey sounding if that makes any sense :) I bought this with my eyes and it did not disappoint. It's an amazing value at $250 for a German made spruce and walnut ukulele with tweed hardshell case.

Again, all I can do is echo Connor's comments. The back has a really sweet arch to it. BTW, the only scuff I found is a small mark on the back. The maple neck is so smooth and its an easy player.

I paid $250 for it last week and would like to break even minus shipping charges which I'll cover. Paypal accepted.

photo 1.jpgphoto 1[1].jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 2[1].jpgphoto 3.jpg

Also interested in some trades....such as: Martin OXK, Flea, Fluke or Firefly.

Is it the 3/4 depth or the wide sides build?

Normal....not a thin body. Good question!

Thanks, I will be going to his workshop in two weeks but this one is really nice- still low on sustain, right? Maybe LivingWater strings can remedy that...
Normal....not a thin body. Good question!

Thanks, I will be going to his workshop in two weeks but this one is really nice- still low on sustain, right? Maybe LivingWater strings can remedy that...

To my ears, the sustain was improved by the Southcoast mediums. If I had to scale it, (the sustain, I mean), I'd put it better than average.

In terms of other sopranos, I'd put it in between a Pono MS and a Kamaka gold label. In this imaginary competition, it would lose (ie have less sustain) than a Timms or a Loprinzi.

Geez, Christian, I can't believe I forgot to write it:

Have an awesome time visiting Bruko!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom