Alulu Guitalele?

Mish

Reaction score
So after being experienced in guitar and ukulele, I've stumbled upon guitaleles. The 2 I can't decide between are a Cordoba and an Alulu(?).

Frankly, I want the Alulu more, since it looks prettier and could end up being cheaper. The problem with it is that I've never heard of Alulu, and the pictures of the guitalele I want to buy look a bit too good to be true in terms of price so I'm worried about getting scammed. Also, there's no reviews or videos of the Alulu being played, so I don't know how it sounds. The Alulu is being auctioned off on Ebay, and the seller has a 99.8% positive rating, but it still seems a bit fishy.

But with the Cordoba, I know what I'm getting, the price is set at 99 bucks and there's videos and reviews of it.

Looking for a guitalele for a trip I'm taking this summer since I don't feel like taking my guitar and my uke doesn't really pack enough punch with the sound and feel it puts out, the 4 strings just don't cut it.

So I'm torn. Has anyone ever had any experience buying from eBay seller taisamlu or Alulu instruments?

Here are links to both the guitaleles:

Alulu
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solid-Alulu...395?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f984a91b

Cordoba
http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/cog...oogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productfeed

I am not familiar with Alulu, but I have seen many instruments from Vietnam.
They are beautiful and most sound good, but I have seen many crack.
It seems like the wood is not aged and cracks as it dries out.
Along with the Cordoba you may want to consider the Yamaha and Aria.
The Yamaha is about the same price, the Aria just a little more.
Of course the KoAloha & Kanilele are the premiums.

I have bought numerous ukulele's from vietnamese sellers, both bruceweiart and taisamlu (Alulu). Both can be a little hit and miss but I have had VERY little trouble with Alulu instruments. They have needed a little setup work like just about everything on the market but the timbers in them have all been well matured and dry. I've had no post purchase wood movement in Alulu instruments.

Anthony

Elderly Instruments carrys the Yamaha Guitarlele for $99 with set up and free shipping. Really nice sounding and a far better instrument. I own one and the set up is essential.

So after being experienced in guitar and ukulele, I've stumbled upon guitaleles.

Same for me. I bought an Alulu koa tenor a few weeks back and am completely satisfied with it. I need to lower the action just a hair but right now I can't put it down to do that. Seems that guitarlele are relatively new technology and I've found not many (affordable-for-me) options out there and here in Japan they just don't exist. Today I bought a nice mahogany from Alulu and should take delivery in a few days. Their service is fantastic. They are also in Taiwan, not Viet Nam. Subtract the case (pro'ly thirty bucks or so) from the cost of the shipping and it's pretty much worth it.

One more thing. I think Alulu puts their "seconds" up for auction and sells the rest at full price. Can't prove that, though. Although one of the guitaleles I was following had the same photos in both an auction and buy it now listing. Be wary of that.

If you want a pretty design, Luna guitars recently released a guitalele!

I have a Luna concert and banguitar. The tuners on the banguitar are pulling through the head(!) and the quality of the uke is marginal. I personally won't buy from them again.

Top Bottom