David Newton "Not made from a cigar-box" Concert Cigar Box Uke

David Newton

Reaction score
SOLD.
New.
1 piece Mahogany back & sides, 1 piece Redwood top, 1 piece Mahogany neck. Ebony nut & saddle, Grover Deluxe Sta-tite friction tuners. Concert scale 14-3/4"
Big woody open tone with the long sustain of the Redwood top, which is X-braced for your listening pleasure. 1-7/16" nut width.

Now I've just strung it up, so I'll trim all those loose ends, but here's the fun part, you get to choose which 100 year old cigar box "nail tags" that I will decorate it with. The lucky buyer gets to pick any one, several, or all tags.
I get to glue them on in the order of my choosing, I'm the designer after all.
I've arranged the tags in sort of groupings, the "sheik of the desert" theme, the "European Dandy" collection, the "3 girls", and the matching "racing cowboys". The Spirit of St Louis is sort of an outlier, it doesn't really match style of the others, but it is there for your choice.

No case.

cigar%201.JPG

cigar%202.JPG

cigar%203.JPG

cigar%204.JPG

Last edited:
The cigar box "nail tags", I don't know why they are called that, but I got them from a collector, and he said they were at least 100 years old.

cigar%205.JPG

Give it a few more frets and I would have grabbed it already. I considered sending a pm as it is, but I play above the twelfth more than I don't. Beauty!

This will probably be the last of the cigar boxes for some time.
Next down the pipe I have a all Mahogany Primitive Style Uke, a Cuban Mahogany Dias Uke, 14 frets, in concert scale, and a 12" scale 'Nino.
Thanks for everyone's interest in my stuff.

Aw heck Dave, wish my 'not a cigar box' had better tuners. Let me know about that concert Dias, OK?
Cheers!
Glenn

Glenn, I'll try to remember, but I'm pretty sure I have Alzhimers.
Ya know, I prefer violin peg tuners, but I guess I'm an odd-ball.

Top Bottom