Trying to find a Uke

zgarney

Reaction score
If this thread belongs in a different section, I would welcome directions as to where to put it. I saw a picture of a uke about two weeks ago, and I haven't been able to find it since. It was a very dark wood, almost looked like black walnut or ebony. It had grooves carved into it, so that from different angles it showed different patterns. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know what I am talking about, or have an idea of how to find it? I appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance!

May work better in "Buying Tips"

Did you see a photo that included the headstock? I f so, can you remember anything about the headstock? Many ukulele builders develop proprietary headstocks that have some unique feature -- the shape, a logo, the name or initial of the builder. That might narrow it down. Also, do you remember where you saw the photo? That might also help narrow it down. Good luck in your search.

I got a sound sample video of the baritone from dreamukes. Email them and I'm sure they could forward to you as well. I don't think it was posted online anywhere (yet?).

Cool! Glad I could help. There was something about those ukes that stuck in my head as well. The bari sounded good but I no longer want another bari. The tenor looks nice as well, but I'm looking at a different feature set for my next tenor.

Someone had asked me what one of my dream ukuleles looked like, I tried to describe it to them, but I couldn't find the picture. Having seen this ukulele for themselves, they agree it is truly beautiful. Now if only I had a pile of money lying around.....

Top Bottom