Pls encourage my niece (bananauker)

filipinouker

Reaction score
Hi guys - i'm in the Philippines at the moment where it is soooooooo hot and humid and sooooooooooo uncomfortable.

But it is lovely to visit my family AND TO BUY MY 13-YEAR OLD NIECE HER FIRST UKULELE (from Ukulele Philippines), as well as to play our very first song together!!!

Please please please will you ignore me (I'm old, withering in the heat and unable to think straight!) and, instead, focus on my niece - please will you encourage her profusely ...

PS - we made this video for my parents (my niece's grandparents') wedding anniversary.

Filipinouker—so happy to see you here again!

Bananauker, welcome! You've got some natural talent, and I hope you'll keep going with the uke. You have picked up the strumming really well, and you look like you're having a good time, which makes your overall performance a delight to watch. You're off to a great start, and I hope you can take lessons via skype from your aunt when she's back in the UK. Beautiful singing together. Well done!

What a treat! I'm having a hard time believing that you've only just started playing, bananauker! Your playing was excellent (must have had some great instruction!), and I absolutely loved the vocal harmonies. Uke duets are one of my favorite things, and I hope to see many more from you two in the future. Keep up the great work, bananauker!!

Charming and delightful music from the Philippines! Good job, Bananauker,:bowdown: I profusely encourage you to continue your talented ukulele playing and singing! Maraming salamat sa inyo!

That was a terrific performance and illustrates exactly why the ukulele is such an awesome instrument. Nice playing and beautiful singing. Do another duet for us !

I'm not encouraging her at all. She's already better than me and I'm a little bitter about that:)

Hope to see many more videos from you, young lady!!!

Super job you two. Great harmony and good strumming.
Her first uke, eh? Wow, she's a natural. Talent obviously runs in the family! Hope to at least hear some more duets before you head home and maybe we'll hear her as a new seasonista!

Last edited:
MAGANDA!! Makes me proud to see our people showing off our skills!!

Filipinouker—so happy to see you here again!

Bananauker, welcome! You've got some natural talent, and I hope you'll keep going with the uke. You have picked up the strumming really well, and you look like you're having a good time, which makes your overall performance a delight to watch. You're off to a great start, and I hope you can take lessons via skype from your aunt when she's back in the UK. Beautiful singing together. Well done!

Thank you so much for your comments! My Tita is leaving me soon :( but she showed me ukebuddy and other helpful websites. -bananauker

Hey Ginny! Can't believe how my niece picked up chords and strumming soooo quickly! She hadn't even heard of When I'm 64 before. Advantages of being 13, i guess! It takes me ages to learn a new song. But i am old and decrepit ;) I'm in the southern most part of the Philippines right now - leaving in a couple of days to go up north. I cannot bear the thought of saying goodbye to my niece.... -filipinouker

What a treat! I'm having a hard time believing that you've only just started playing, bananauker! Your playing was excellent (must have had some great instruction!), and I absolutely loved the vocal harmonies. Uke duets are one of my favorite things, and I hope to see many more from you two in the future. Keep up the great work, bananauker!!

Thank you :) It's so fun learning! I love my uke, but my Tita is leaving me soon :( -bananauker

That was a terrific performance and illustrates exactly why the ukulele is such an awesome instrument. Nice playing and beautiful singing. Do another duet for us !

I love my uke it's so cute like my Tita :) She's leaving me soon :( -bananauker

You guys did a WONDERFUL job! And Bananauker, I can't believe that you are just beginning to play the uke...I think you are a natural!!!!!!

I started playing my uke on Monday when my Tita gave it to me :) It's soooooooooooo nice!!! -bananauker

I'm not encouraging her at all. She's already better than me and I'm a little bitter about that:)

Hope to see many more videos from you, young lady!!!

Hahaha! Thank you for being so nice :) -bananauker

Isn't it annoying? It takes me ages and ages to learn a new song and my niece picks up her uke for the first time and she can learn several chords and a new song in minutes. Makes me feel soooooooooo old :rolleyes: -filipinouker

Top Bottom