New Kinnard Build

mkatz

Reaction score
Here are the first photos I received for a new John Kinnard Concert build in all walnut.

Mitch

Kinnard Concer Photo 2.jpg
Kinnard Concert Photo 1.jpg

That is a beautiful set of wood. Wow, even the neck is walnut.

What are you going to have for the fretboard and the bridge?

Rosewood fingerboard, bridge, tail strip, heal cap and face plate with peghead tuners and satin finish.

That is a beautiful set of wood. Wow, even the neck is walnut.

What are you going to have for the fretboard and the bridge?

Rosewood fingerboard, bridge, tail strip, heal cap and face plate with peghead tuners and satin finish.

Mitch, That will be one beautiful concert.

And yes, the word of the day is walnut. :)

Congrats, Mitch. She's going to be a beauty.

I was skeptical (when I received the Kinnard road uke) as to whether or not a high end uke would really be that big of a deal for a player of meager ability.

The answer was emphatically, YES! An impeccably made uke does make a difference. John is a craftsman, for sure.

Nice looking uke to be, Mitch. I'm sure that it will sound great as well. I just passed the road trip uke on after having it for a month and I can say that John's craftsmanship is second to none. There will be a Kinnard uke in my future at some point.

Looks great, Mitch!

I've got the Road Trip uke now - only the second Low-G uke I've played for more than one song (The other is the Waverly Street Soprano I got from you), and I'm completely Blown Away by it!

I think my biggest problem with the John S. Kinnard Road Trip uke will be parting with it. The sustain is incredible, the best harmonics at 5, 7, and 12 I've heard on a uke yet, and while the electronic tuner doesn't agree with me 100%, my ears say the intonation is perfect all he way up the neck.

Based on that, I'm certain that you're going to get a phenomenal instrument. I want pictures and sound samples when you get it!

-Kurt​

How does one get in on the list for the road trip uke?

I've got the Road Trip uke now - only the second Low-G uke I've played for more than one song (The other is the Waverly Street Soprano I got from you), and I'm completely Blown Away by it!

-Kurt​

Nice to hear all the great reviews. This one will be set up with a wound low g as well.

Mitch

MMMM....walnut! What a lovely wood. Someday I'm a gettin' me one.

New Update on Kinnard Build

Here are the latest photos:
photo copy 2.jpgphoto copy.jpgphoto.jpgphoto copy 4.jpgphoto copy 3.jpg
It should be finished by the end of the month.

Mitch

Last edited:
It's looking good. I like the idea of having 2 graphite rods in the neck.

The photo angle makes it look wider than it probably is. How wide is the neck at the nut?

Man that looks good, Mitch.

The grain running down the fretboard is pretty sweet.

Really looking fine Mitch. That walnut is going to pop when he puts some finish on it. John builds a great ukulele!

Top Bottom