FS: Pono MBD - Mahogany Baritone with Hard Case and Extras

Telperion

Reaction score
Greetings. I have for sale a relatively new Pono MBD baritone ukulele. I purchased this a few months ago from a fellow UU member, who purchased it last fall from HMS. It's a nice solid mahogany baritone with good rich tone and lots of volume. Fretboard is ebony and really plays well. Rope inlay rosette. Tuners are closed geared Pono branded tuners. Currently strung with high D Living Water baritone strings. The uke is in good overall condition with a couple of flaws. First, there are a couple of small scratches just below the bridge. These were unfortunately caused by me when trimming excess string after changing the strings once. The second flaw is that there is a very slight wave in the top going across the lower bout, just south of the bridge. I tried many times to photograph this, but cannot seem to capture it. I can feel it when I run my finger across, but I don't believe that it impacts the playability or the sound of the instrument. To me, it feels like the lower bout of the top is slightly higher near the ends of the bridge, and slightly lower near the middle of the bridge. I have been monitoring this detail for the duration of my ownership and believe it to be stable and settled.

Also included in the sale is an Oahu baritone case, which is in like new condition. Additonally, a Herco humidifier and four extra sets of strings will be included. The extra strings are: 1.) Living Water Low D Baritone, 2.) D'Addario Nyltech Baritone, 3.) Ko'olau Mahana Baritone Wound 3rd and 4th, 4.) Worth BB Brown Baritone (double set).

I bought this uke originally to encourage my guitar playing wife to try ukulele. She's just not showing interest, and I am definitely not a baritone guy. I'd like to get it into the hands of someone who will appreciate it and get some use out of it. It's not in perfect condition, but would make an excellent player. These are currently going for $529 new at HMS, with the Oahu case being a $79 add-on. With four extra sets of strings, this package new would be close to $650. Because of the flaws described above, I am pricing it low at $350, with free shipping to CONUS. Paypal is preferred, and I will cover the fees there too. Please message me with any questions you may have.

Thanks for looking!

-Steve

MBD Top.jpgMBD UU Sign.jpgMBD in case.jpgMBD Headstock.jpg

Last edited:
Additonal photos

Here are a few more photos. The first one shows the couple of scratches just below the bridge.

MBD Scratches.jpgMBD Serial.jpgMBD Tuners.jpgMBD Lower Bout.jpg

Is this uke still for sale? I am very interested....

swheels1@live.com
530/263-2724

Top Bottom