Six String Question

SamUke

Reaction score
I have a question about my 6 string I have, first off to strum this thing is amazing the sound is so full. When I strum the pair of C strings with a fair amount of force the 2 strings seem to buzz or slap together, it does not seem to be a fret issue. Is this common to 6 strings or is the set up wrong?

Does it buzz when you pick the string, or when you play an open chord (am7)?
They wouldn't normally touch each other. Does it just sound like it's buzzing because one string is tuned an octave higher?

I'm not sure about your problem. My six string doesn't have that issue but it did sound different and after I played it more I realized it is just the different strings. My issue was with my A strings. I have it strung with low A and regular a so I get a kind of reverse effect of the low g. I don't like the sound and am eventually going to replace the A strings into a pair and the G will become low G. What type of strings do you have on the uke? What kind of 6 stringer did you get?

I picked up a Pohaku Concert and man it is awesome sounding. I spoke with Peter about it and he has given me some suggestions

I had the same problem when I changed my strings, but I restrung them again and the problem went away. I used the same strings (Aquilas), so I guess I didn't do it properly the first time.

Wow, talk about an old thread. Haha. Soooo anyway, I'm having the exact same experience as the OP. I've pm'd a couple people who I know have six strings about the issue, but I figured I'd throw it out there to see if anyone has anything to add. It sounds like the c strings- either both or just one- are buzzing, but only when I really dig in. Is this normal? I have absolutely no experience with six string ukes. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Top Bottom