FS: Pretty Bruce Wei Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

provines

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for a pretty face. I saw this Bruce Wei uke on Ebay and had to have it. The only problem with his ukes is that they are air dried somewhere in Vietnam and when they are shipped to drier areas, even though you toss a humidifer in the bag, they tend to split. And this one did, just a tad on the back. I've had it about six months and nothing else split on it so I think that is the extent of its jet lag.

So, not one to have a split in his uke, and not really caring how the back looks, I took extreme action. I took my keyhole drill and cut the split out of the back. Yep, I cut a hole right through that split. I then took two strips of wood about the thickness of a thin popcicle stick and glued it inside the back on both sides of where the split was. Don't worry, I made sure that I didn't cut through any internal bracing. I then took another piece of thin wood that I picked up from the hobby store and glued it over the hole. I then lightly stained it and put a coat of poly on it. Its not the prettiest fix but it is a repair you can walk on. I was going for strength not looks.

This uke is maple and sounds pretty good. It doesn't have the warmth of Koa but it is acceptable and sure is pretty.

I guess that is about it. I just bought a $25 Eddy Finn gig bag for it which I'll toss in. With the bag, I'd like $85 shipped.

PM me or email me dprovines@provines.net

I'll be out of town next week so I can ship it on 6/17.
IMG_0240.jpgIMG_0241.jpgIMG_0242.jpgIMG_0243.jpgIMG_0244.jpg

Last edited:
Is it just the photos, or does this thing have a fat butt on it?

Looks like the lower bout is fat, or maybe the upper is thinner? Do you have a pic of it next to another uke?

The upper bout is actually a little narrower than normal so the bottom looks fat.

This Uke is sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom