Mainland Pineapple w/tenor neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shastastan

Reaction score
I posted this uke for sale last year, but then decided to keep it. I play it once in awhile. I had decided to give it another try, but I haven't really got attached to it. I've concluded that all is fine except for the shape which just doesn't do anything for me. I guess you either like the pineapple shape or you don't.

I have 2 other ukes. I don't know if it's the pineapple shape, but I like playing my other ukes more than this pineapple. The tone, resonance, and intonation are all the usual Mainland quality though.

I'm willing to sell this one for $199. There is a very nice hard case (from Mainland) with this uke and also a Kala nylon strap. Buyer pays shipping. U.S. shipments only. Please respond via PM if interested. Photos will be coming soon.

Update: Sorry, didn't have the chance to get the pics done when I did the original post yesterday. I'm adding 6, but have a few more. With the high gloss finish, it's difficult to get the reflections out. Also, it's high G

612ww.jpg615ww.jpg616ww.jpg617ww.jpg622ww.jpg

Last edited:
I posted this uke for sale last year, but then decided to keep it. I play it once in awhile. I had decided to give it another try, but I haven't really got attached to it. I've concluded that all is fine except for the shape which just doesn't do anything for me. I guess you either like the pineapple shape or you don't.

I have 2 other ukes. I don't know if it's the pineapple shape, but I like playing my other ukes more than this pineapple. The tone, resonance, and intonation are all the usual Mainland quality though.

I'm willing to sell this one for $199. There is a very nice hard case (from Mainland) with this uke and also a Kala nylon strap. Buyer pays shipping. U.S. shipments only. Please respond via PM if interested. Photos will be coming soon.[/QUOTE

Got pics and or sound clip?
High or low G?

Thanks

Some are asking about shipping. I like to ship via UPS so the package is insured which is less than $2. Shipping point is zipcode 96001. The package weight is estimated at 5lbs. the dimensions are L = 30", W = 15" and H = 10". As an example, shipping from here to Miami, FL is approximately $22.

Very nice uke...good luck with sale...someone is gonna be happy!

To me, the Mainlands have a unique rich and resonant sound. I was surprised that this pineapple concert has such a rich sound. When you play a Mainland, you can "feel" the quality. I'm sure there are other brands that have similar traits, too, but I can't afford to try 'em all :)

This uke has been sold and shipped. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom