Think about this because I need help.

Flynsquirell

Reaction score
Hey everyone I got some homework and I cant figure it out. Its sorta a stupid question but pretty funny and made me think. What about you?

Can a flame catch fire? :confused:

***Help me please***

***Answer quickly***

***Thanks***

***Flynsquirell***

This kinda sounds like one of those half full/half empty questions. Go with your first instinct.

Oh my god, Dylan. I would say yes, but I don't know. Who asked you?

No, he doesn't we're on vacation. That's your intersession homework, Dylan?

BTW this should be in general discussion

Last edited:
This reminds me of a yahoo answers question.

I don't think a flame can catch fire because a flame IS fire.

Last edited:
Some smart greek dude said that a flame is never the same, from moment to moment. The flikering flame, is perpetually bursting due to the oxygen in the vicinity. So can the flame catch fire? Yes, constantly. But NO, because there is no flame.

Note that the periodic element helium comes from the word, Helios, which is a sun god, yet helium doesn't burn? Chemists, who can figure them out?

Some smart greek dude said that a flame is never the same, from moment to moment. The flikering flame, is perpetually bursting due to the oxygen in the vicinity. So can the flame catch fire? Yes, constantly. But NO, because there is no flame.

Note that the periodic element helium comes from the word, Helios, which is a sun god, yet helium doesn't burn? Chemists, who can figure them out?

you just made my brain explode. lol

This reminds me of a yahoo answers question.

I don't think a flame can catch fire because a flame IS fire.

hahaha
makes the most sense :D

:nana:

My logic is that a flame can't catch fire because a flame isn't a fuel for fire. When was the last time you saw someone make a fire using only fire?

Oxygen is the fuel. That's why we fan the the flames or blow on the coals. If you put a glass over the flame, it will use all the oxygen and snuff-out.

Sometimes when I get asked questions for homework I do very philosophical (which I found out recently is another word for unnecessary) answers for funzies.

"Does flame burn? I think it's an inevitable question we must be asked at least once in our life. I believe it is a right of passage of sorts. For how can we progress without knowing the answer? In a similar sense, can water get wet? And if so, does it enjoy it? I like to think so. Because water is like us, pure and replenishing. And we can certainly get wet. And we also swim for leisure, and also to survive. So every aspect of water, much like fire, is necessary for our survival as a civilisation. In other words, possibly."

Oxygen is the fuel. That's why we fan the the flames or blow on the coals. If you put a glass over the flame, it will use all the oxygen and snuff-out.

I don't think oxygen is fuel it is required for fire but you cant just burn oxygen or our atmosphere would just burn up.

I don't think oxygen is fuel it is required for fire but you cant just burn oxygen or our atmosphere would just burn up.

o_O I forget what the original question was....T.T omgshorttermmemoryloss Who should you believe Dylan!? O.O

Top Bottom