FS Johnny Marvin Prince of Wales ukulele

garyg

Reaction score
Greetings ukers, After two years of playing I'm pretty much settled on playing vintage sopranos or modern equivalents. But while making that decision and because of my love of all things high quality and old, I accumulated a few ukes that I rarely play including this Johnny Marvin Prince of Wales http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nJtZaRzrkc . This uke has been to a professional luthier and is in excellent shape for a uke of this vintage (i.e. 20's-30's). The PoW has silver tuners and has been refinished with a dark stain rather than a light koa stain, but otherwise is in great shape except for some very minor dings. It was originally purchased from Elderly. The silver tuners and dark refinish has caused to some to doubt that it is a PoW but not all PoW's had gold tuners (another list member has a PoW with the exact same tuners) and the wood is clearly koa (Johnny Marvin mahogany ukes almost always had flame mahogany rather than straight grain wood, the opposite is true for koa). Price is $435 plus shipping/insurance (CONUS only) which is less than I have in it - I just hate to have ukes sitting around unused. I don't really like the PM feature here so feel free to email me directly at grossman at negia dot net. aloha, g2

Attachments

• Prince of Wales fretboard crack.jpg
    Prince of Wales fretboard crack.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 34
  • Prince of Wales front.jpg
    Prince of Wales front.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Prince of Wales side.jpg
    Prince of Wales side.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 43
  • Prince of Wales back.jpg
    Prince of Wales back.jpg