Bushman Ukuleles

gdeleo

Reaction score
Hello,
This is my 1st post here. I have been playing acoustic guitars for 3 years and have been thinking about purchasing a tenor uke. I found the Bushman Uke website and these look very nice at a reasonable price. I have looked on the internet for reviews, but haven't found very much. Can anyone tell me if these ukes are worth the price that they charge and if they would be a good uke for a beginner.

Thanks for your time,
Gary

gdeleo,

Ukuleleunderground does not have a very effective search engine.
In Google type:
Site:ukuleleunderground.com bushman
check a number of those hits

also try
Site:ukuleleunderground.com mainland
check those hits

Here is my less cryptic answer,
I own a Mainland Tenor Cutaway
My wife has Mainland concert
I am buying a slotted head Mainland concert for one of my daughters

Use the following as a search tool, you'll have better results, site:ukuleleunderground.com/forum (add the topic or subject i.e. strings, tenor etc. at the end of line) . . .

Gary, I've not played a Bushman but most of the reviews I've read are that the Bushman ukuleles are nice sounding for the money. However, I would call the owner of Bushman and speak to him directly before ordering making sure the item advertised is available and the order will be promptly fulfilled after payment. Or you could buy from Mainland Ukuleles, Uke Republic, Mim's Ukes - I've purchased from each of them with excellent service.

When I first started playing, Bushman seemed to be around more. I remember that there were a lot of complaints about orders not being fulfilled. In the last few years, there have been a lot of good, affordable ukulele companies which have really come to be considered "go to" brands. Mainland, Ohana, Kala, and Lanikai all seem to have developed quality affordable ukuleles. I reinforce the above postings that you can get a good ukulele for a decent price from those dealers. Hawaii Music Supply, Mim's Ukes, Uke Republic, and Mainland Ukuleles are all regular posters and members of UU, and you can't go wrong dealing with them. In other words, I steer you away from Bushman as I don't hear anything about them, but I hear and experience TONS of good things about the other brands and dealers.

Get a Mainland and be happy, worry free.
:)

Top Bottom