n00b from Indy

hokelore

Reaction score
I bought a uke yesterday. Honest, I just went in to get some fiddle strings. I've been kicking around the idea of a uke, so I pulled a couple off the wall. One really caught my attention. My wife was with me, and instead of talking me out of it, she talked me into it! So I went home with this sweet little Peavey. Soon after we got home, I worked up a simple clawhammer version of Shady Grove.

And so it begins.

Tim

You are a lucky duck to be in Indy as a uke player.
- tons of player
- several groups
- Nashville, IN just south (Home of Mainland ukes, and Ukulele World Congress)
- North of you you have Nobelsville with a ton of uke things going on there.

Have fun

Hello Tim and welcome aboard!

Aloha Tim,

Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great
advice happy strummings..Congrats on your new Peavey....:)

Welcome Tim,

From another Indy guy. Greenwood in fact.

hey fellow hoosiers

Welcome to the greatest little string instrument known to man. Look up Bloomington uke club and come on down. There is a wide range of players and everyone is welcome. I'm from Mooresville by the way.

Wow, lots of people close by! I work in Mooresville.

I've been playing at things like Indy contra dance, Fishers Ren Faire, and I'm a long time member of the dulcimer society (although I don't play much dulcimer). I don't know where the uke will take me. I was thinking old time, but anything's fair game. Until now, I was mostly playing mandothingeys, some fiddle, some banjo (clawhammer, and a tenor for Irish), and I'm a big Jews harp fanatic and collector.

song collecion

Wow, lots of people close by! I work in Mooresville.

I've been playing at things like Indy contra dance, Fishers Ren Faire, and I'm a long time member of the dulcimer society (although I don't play much dulcimer). I don't know where the uke will take me. I was thinking old time, but anything's fair game. Until now, I was mostly playing mandothingeys, some fiddle, some banjo (clawhammer, and a tenor for Irish), and I'm a big Jews harp fanatic and collector.

Jim Beloff's (Did I spell that right?) Daily Ukelele is a great collection of 365 songs ranging anywhere from Irving Berlin to Fats Waller to The Beatles and Elvis etc. A really good book to use for playing with groups of all skill levels.

Top Bottom