Shipping question

finkdaddy

Reaction score
In a couple of weeks I am going to have to ship 5 tenor ukes at once to the same place.
Would you ship all of those individually, or should I find a way to ship them all in one container?

What method do you use to ship multiple instruments?

Thanks!

~Fred

I had a soprano and baritone shipped together from Germany. Not sure about five at once.

I'd ship them in two boxes. At a minimum, I'd put each one in an individual box then in a larger box if not in an individual case inside the large box. Be aware that shipping companies stack boxes in a manner that the labels are up, so that the bar code machines can scan them as they pass by on a belt. You want to pack the instruments on edge then put the label on top of the box.

When I order cases, they come in boxes of 6.
If I was shipping five ukes to one place, i would break up the order just in case something happened in shipping. Yeh, I know that's what insurance is for, but still...

See my YouTube video onpacking a ukulele or see it on the frontpage of my website. I think in the US you are required to have at least 2" of packing between the item and the outer box for insurance purposes. Send them as one...

Top Bottom