Ovation "Copies"?

Tsani

Reaction score
Have you guys seen the Ovation copies coming out of China that are going for cheap on ebay? I am assuming that Ovation has no ability to do anything about it since if they continue they will undercut Ovation's sales. :uhoh: Has anybody tried one, and are they reliable for sound and intonation? Visually they are identical to the Ovation ukes down to the distinctive headstock and synthetic back and sides. - You know there is a good probability that they are coming off the same production line as the Ovations. I wonder how this kind of thing happens. It should be a caution to anyone who decides to outsource their production to China. They might just take your product and cut you out of the deal.

Last edited:
Not many of the outsource operations that Ovation contracts with would be foolish enough to clone Ovations for their own lines. It would be too easy to trace and would result in the loss of a major contract for them. These Ovation copies have been around for many years. They are made by several shops and include mandolins and guitars as well. I recall that one was called Crafter.

Given the low cost of an Applause, I would agree that buying a clone off ebay is a bit like biting at bubbles in the bath water.

But look at the testimonial they provide.....

if you know how to play guitar.then you can learn ukulele in 1 Min's. because play same like guitar by just first 4 strings.when i first play this guitar . my son right after me and watching over 20 mimes, he never watching me when i play other instruments. after he take to school. all the class are crazy. they never got crazy for other toy before.so i believe this little guitar will change you and your kids life.

COME ON.....It will change your life. The entire class went crazy!!!! They never went crazy for any other toy. This thing is downright magical! THe guy's kid watched OVER 20 mimes....I can't even stand looking at one mime.

Top Bottom