Gretsch G9100 - what are you favorite strings?

maderson

Reaction score
I'm interested to know what people are using on the Gretsch G9100 Uke. I currently have stock Aquilla Nylgut strings, but recently after putting a set of d'Addario Nyltech strings on a cheap toy ukulele and hearing a massive difference in sound, I felt I should try some different strings out on the G9100. Any experiences and suggestions welcome, even if you think changing the current strings may be a waste of time. They do sound pretty great. Thanks in advance.

on my 9121 (tenor model ) I am using the Red Aquila's Low G setup - I like them.

Why not a set of Martin M600s?

+1 for Martin M600. They are available in many local music stores and a good introduction to flourocarbon strings. Though the list price is steep, they are usually priced between $5-7 and you won't have to pay postage or wait for the mail to come. I have them on a Lanikai LU-21P and on a concert neck Flea. They help with intonation issues and sing brightly. Both of these ukes were previously strung with Aquila Nylgut strings. I favor these as they don't have the harsh "bark" I hear from Aquila strings.

Top Bottom