Oasis Tenor Ukulele String test

dhepple

Reaction score
We are developing a set of tenor fluorocarbon ukulele strings and need your help. As we did with our soprano/concert strings, we need feedback regarding our string selection. We have 3 alternative strings for the 1st and 4th strings and have not decided which of the three strings is best. The three sizes are: .0215" (same as soprano), .0235" and .0245". Any of these three string can be used on the 1st and 4th. The strings are 63" long and will provide two sets per string. There will be two of each size, so you will have 4 strings to try on the 1st and 4th string in any combination. Once you have tried them, contact me by email and post your comments on the forum. Be sure to include your mailing address so I can send you the strings. My email address is dhepple@verizon.net.

Thanks

Dave Hepple
Oasis, Inc. (manufacturer of the OH-18 ukulele humidifier)

I'll try them out on my Compass Rose.

Thanks Dave..

I have been testing the Oasis Tenors for a couple weeks now and I like them on my Kamaka HF3S..gives it a clear/cleaner sound..but the low tones are still there..

I have a set on my Kanile'a concert and I liked them very much..they feel really nice..soft but firm
I use a Fremont Soloist LowG,,,,
Dave.... have you figured out what kind of LowG you are going to use?

Doc.... let me know how they sound on your CR...I use (TN's from Pua Pua..flatwound gold LowG with T-2's) on my CR and like them but soon as these Oasis tenor strings on the market I plan to pickup a bunch of um..

have fun with your samples..waiting to hear all your reviews..

Last edited:
Hi Dave . . . are you planning on developing 6 & 8 string sets?

I will try them on my Loprinzi Tenor. Mike, do you have these strings in stock? If so, shoot me an email.... will order a set.

Tom

Mahalo Dave....
I have had the pleasure and honor to test Daves Soprano/concert String and I really like them...may be my best go to strings now...
and now I am currently testing different combinations of the tenor strings...clear crisp and punchy sound...Dave is such a awesome guy to test for..wow

Received my strings today ! A bunch of strings ! I won't be buying strings for awhile ,lol I've put on the 1st and 4th already and at first blush they sound and feel great ! I'll put on the rest ( Dave also sent me 2nd and 3rd strings ) and let them settle in and give a full review to the best of my ability. Thank you Dave , above and beyond . I'll do my best to give an unbiased review . This may take awhile there will be a lot switching of strings around and plucking , plinking and strumming .

Last edited:
Thanks Dave! Just got mine today. Now,to figure out which combination sounds the best on the 1st and fourth!:D

Strung up the oasis this morning on my David Newton Dias tenor. Also started with the 235 A and 244 G. Very similar to the worth clear that I'd been playing (which is a good thing). Maybe a tad brighter and a tad more loud but hard to know until they settle in. High quality strings without a doubt.

Last edited:
It's times like this that I wish I didn't live in England :mad:

Strung up the oasis this morning on my David Newton Dias tenor. Also started with the 235 A and 244 G. Very similar to the worth clear that I'd been playing (which is a good thing). Maybe a tad brighter and a tad more loud but hard to know until they settle in. High quality strings without a doubt.

Been able to play a fair bit today (happy Father's Day to me). One thing I noticed about these and the Oasis concert strings... they stretch and settle in remarkably fast. Seems like about 1/2 the time of other strings. I'm hardly adjusting the tuning at all at this point. Curious if others have noticed this???

The tone has mellowed out just a little. Great feel, playability and tone. Honestly, I would say the are extremely similar to the worth clear in both tension and tone. I even put the worth g string back on just to compare. The Oasis may be ever so slightly brighter but nearly identical. I would not say these are "bright" strings, but feel they are right in the middle... giving a very clear pleasant tone.

Looking forward to giving them a couple weeks.

Big thumbs up!

Last edited:
We are developing a set of tenor fluorocarbon ukulele strings and need your help. As we did with our soprano/concert strings, we need feedback regarding our string selection. We have 3 alternative strings for the 1st and 4th strings and have not decided which of the three strings is best. The three sizes are: .0215" (same as soprano), .0235" and .0245". Any of these three string can be used on the 1st and 4th. The strings are 63" long and will provide two sets per string. There will be two of each size, so you will have 4 strings to try on the 1st and 4th string in any combination. Once you have tried them, contact me by email and post your comments on the forum. Be sure to include your mailing address so I can send you the strings. My email address is dhepple@verizon.net.

Thanks

Dave Hepple
Oasis, Inc. (manufacturer of the OH-18 ukulele humidifier)

I played with Oasis strings on my tenors for the last 2-3 years....But I've always bought the Oasis GPX classical guitar set that I bought from singles from Paul of guitar Salon de Montreal.......so I just don,t know if the set that you made for ukuleles are the same or not...but I'm a big fan of your strings and the only strings that I'm using on my LFDM ukulele....

You can actually hear how it sounds like on these 2 tracks.....

https://soundcloud.com/baouke/bizarre-love-triangle-by-caro

https://soundcloud.com/baouke/mlle-elastique-by-caro-bao ....at 2:02 I start my uke solo....but you can hear the uke here and there in the track also....

i've been using the set as supplied by Dave for a few days now.
i will resay what others have mentioned:
1)strings settle in quickly to staying in tune
2)love the feel/texture
3)nice balance and note clarity-with this set i feel the soundwaves of each string when i pluck for tuning-they react better than any strings i've used.
4)still need to work all the combos of the 1st and 4th strings-more later after that is complete.
5) to my ears, not the loudest set i've encountered...........but, defintely the most clear and they just play real easy

Sent Dave a note asking about a Low G offering with this set. quite impressed with them so i'm probably keeping them on the Kanilea slothead tenor-maybe the Breedlove also.

i've been using Worth CT and CT Low G, a lot. like the Daddario T2, but not as much as the Worth or Oasis.

i have some PHD coming from Daniel Ho any day now. will bring all that into the mix also.

more later
d

i've been using the set as supplied by Dave for a few days now.
i will resay what others have mentioned:
1)strings settle in quickly to staying in tune
2)love the feel/texture
3)nice balance and note clarity-with this set i feel the soundwaves of each string when i pluck for tuning-they react better than any strings i've used.
4)still need to work all the combos of the 1st and 4th strings-more later after that is complete.
5) to my ears, not the loudest set i've encountered...........but, defintely the most clear and they just play real easy

Sent Dave a note asking about a Low G offering with this set. quite impressed with them so i'm probably keeping them on the Kanilea slothead tenor-maybe the Breedlove also.

i've been using Worth CT and CT Low G, a lot. like the Daddario T2, but not as much as the Worth or Oasis.

i have some PHD coming from Daniel Ho any day now. will bring all that into the mix also.

more later
d

I have been using the Fremont Soloist Flatwound LowG with the Oasis Tenors strings
Dave says he likes the Fremonts too and doing test on the Fremonts...hope his Tenor string sets comes with a similar LowG

btw this is a review of the Oasis string set...
many of us have already tried or read about the other strings you have listed above..
but thanks anyway

Last edited:
I have been using the Fremont Soloist Flatwound LowG with the Oasis Tenors strings
Dave says he likes the Fremonts too and doing test on the Fremonts...hope his Tenor string sets comes with a similar LowG

btw this is a review of the Oasis string set...
many of us have already tried or read about the other strings you have listed above..
but thanks anyway

yes, i know this is a string test regarding the Oasis Tenor set-the reason i listed the other string sets was as a comparison for the reader. my default string set at the moment has been Worth clears-the Oasis is as good, if not better in some areas IMO and for my playing style.
quite interested in seeing what can come from a low G setup regarding Oasis also-was in contact with Dave overnite and i have some requested gauge sizes in transit.
i will check into the fremont flatwound, although i've never been a fan of flatwound in the guitar world, and prefer so far, nonwound on all my Ukes.

d

Here's my initial thought: Sound is important but feel and balance is important too: The .0244 doesn't work at all in my opinion as the tension is too high compared to the 2nd and 3rd string. Secondly, I don't like using the same string for the 1st and 4th string as tension will difft for one whole note. My choice is the .0235 for the 4th string and .02175 for the 1st string.

I will hold judgment on the sound as I need the strings to settle.

Got my strings yesterday. trying to decide which uke to put them on. Choices are an MP sinker redwood , Lanikai solid mahog, or Kanilea K_1. which one would be most useful for the test. or does it matter.

Got my strings yesterday. trying to decide which uke to put them on. Choices are an MP sinker redwood , Lanikai solid mahog, or Kanilea K_1. which one would be most useful for the test. or does it matter.

Choose the one you are most familiar with and that you can describe what other brands if strings sound like on it.

Top Bottom