Looking for a luthier who builds tenor guitars

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi all,

After playing baritone ukulele for a while, I bought a steel string tenor guitar (a Blueridge BR-40T) that I asked to be tuned DGBE, like a baritone ukulele. I'm really enjoying it as a supplement to playing the ukulele, and I'm now interested in buying a handbuilt tenor guitar. I'm hoping that some of UU's luthiers either know of people who build tenor guitars or build them themselves. If you're someone who builds steel string tenor guitars or you know someone who does, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

(Although I imagine that some people may think this thread should be in the Guitars forum, this thread is, to me, more about communicating with UU luthiers than it as about discussing tenor guitars, so I hope the mods don't move it. :) )

About Us - Jamie Dougan - Jody Platt - Fletcher Tenor Guitars
fletcherinstruments.com/about_us.html‎
Jamie Dougan is a luthier in Ithaca NY, building a few small batches of tenor guitars a year. Concentrating on solid custom craftsmanship and ease of play.

Fresh Sheet – Custom Tenor Guitar - Shelley D. Park Guitars
www.parkguitars.com/fresh-sheet-custom-tenor-guitar-2/‎
This tenor guitar features several unique features. The scale length ... Shelley D. Park :: Gypsy Jazz Guitar Luthier in the Style of Selmer Maccaferri · Home · the ...

who builds them? - tenorguitar.com
www.tenorguitar.com/build.html‎
independent luthiers. Active Tenor Guitar Builders Amistar Aria Arrow Guitars (Paul Lestock) Beeton Brass Guitars Blueridge Bowerman Guitars Ian Chisholm ...

Luthiers featured at Tenor Guitar Gathering 4 - Portland ...
www.examiner.com/article/luthiers-featured-at-tenor-guitar-gathering-4‎
May 17, 2013 – Time to make you plans and get your reservations for the 4th Annual Tenor Guitar Gathering is nearly here. Starting Thursday May 30 through ...

Urlacher Guitars | East Indian Rosewood Tenor Guitar
www.urlacherguitars.com/east-indian-rosewood-tenor-guitar.html‎
The top of this tenor guitar is another stunning example of Bearclaw Sitka spruce, which is accompanied by an attractive accent of curly eucalyptus binding.

Have you tried contacting Joel Eckhaus, Mark? Here's a link to his site http://www.earnestinstruments.com/

*ah, Pete beat me to it.

If you do contact Joel, please let me know what you decide on. I'm curious about those options, as well.

Last edited:
2%20tenor%20finished%201a.jpg

David Newton Guitars builds Tenors.

If you want something really different and stunningly beautiful try this guy. //http://www.brguitars.com/
Allen made a bass uke for my wife and it's a work of art (as well as sounding brilliant). He's also great from a customer service viewpoint
Check out his tiger myrtle creations. Stunning.
Disclosure: I'm likely to receive free beer and pizza next time I visit Cairns.
Miguel

Top Bottom