Purpleheart back and sides

miksel

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard a uke with Purpleheart back and sides? If so,how was the tone?Thanks,Mike

There is no color I love more than purple and that is best lookin' purple ukulele that I have ever seen.

I am gonna go home and play my koaloha just to let go of my regret at missing such a luscious, purple uke.

I haven't heard one, but expect it would sound very similar to a rosewood bodied one.

I am the current owner of the DaSilva purpleheart and spruce concert number 39 built in August of 2005; I recently purchased it from a UU member.

The uke has good volume and is punchy with a surprisingly warm and pleasant tone resulting from what would usually be considered a bright tone wood combination.

I am the current owner of the DaSilva purpleheart and spruce concert number 39 built in August of 2005; I recently purchased it from a UU member.

If you ever decide you may not want it anymore, please let me know. She looks pretty and sounds nice, too. :)

I've been on the lookout for any ukes with purpleheart sides and back but a redwood top, just to see what the resultant sound would be. I already know it would LOOK amazing. :drool:

I was at Kanilea a couple weeks ago and they were finishing a custom Koa top/Purpleheart back and sides. It was far more purple than the pictures above- practically royal purple. It looked nice, but unfortunately no one played it so I can't speak to the tone. Very pretty, if you can get past the shock of so much color on a nice uke.

Top Bottom