I can finally be called Electrauke

electrauke

Reaction score
NUD, but this time it is different, it is my first electric ukulele! As my now I can officially be called 'Electrauke' here are some pics:image.jpg

It is a Mahalo Surfboard edition ukulele. All solid body. I picked it up today on my visit to Elderly here in Lansing, MI.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 62
Congrats on your new uke.

It's an interesting looking beast. What strings do you have on?

I recently got a Risa. Great fun, but be warned, you will be wanting Fx pedals next - PAS to add to your UAS :eek:

That thing looks badass, Andre!

Nice surfboard. Congrats! Time for wipeout,bodysurfing,and Hawaii five o.

Who knew? Good for you Andre. Was great to meet you at UWC. SHRED!

There are a number of low cost micro amps that are pretty good to get you started. Not high powered but enough for playing at home. I have Marshal MS2 and MS4 and a Vox AC1 bass amp. The Marshall MS2 you can clip to your belt and I have actually played out with it. I got the Vox for my U-Bass but it also works well with my Risa concert to give a good "clean" sound. You can get a slight overdrive sound with the Marshall amps which can be quite effective. If you really want a full on overdrive sound though, you need to get an effects unit.

There's always the Roland Microcube if you want to spend a bit more.

You can certainly have fun with a solid uke and that Mahalo will certainly attract attention. It's distinctive and looks great.

Thanks guys, the funny part is that I do not even have an amp yet.

There are a number of low cost micro amps that are pretty good to get you started. Not high powered but enough for playing at home. I have Marshal MS2 and MS4 and a Vox AC1 bass amp. The Marshall MS2 you can clip to your belt and I have actually played out with it. I got the Vox for my U-Bass but it also works well with my Risa concert to give a good "clean" sound. You can get a slight overdrive sound with the Marshall amps which can be quite effective. If you really want a full on overdrive sound though, you need to get an effects unit.

There's always the Roland Microcube if you want to spend a bit more.

You can certainly have fun with a solid uke and that Mahalo will certainly attract attention. It's distinctive and looks great.

A good compromise for effects and price in an all-in-one unit is the Vox Mini3. $99 gets you a small practice amp with a bunch of effects and overdrive modeling and a second channel for mic. I love mine.

Another belt hanger amp, $20, is the Danelectro Honeytone mini amp.

Both of these can be run off of batteries if you choose. Welcome to the world of plugging in! It sure is fun!

Oh, thanks but I am going to get a really nice full size amp for the mini studio in my house.

Oh, thanks but I am going to get a really nice full size amp for the mini studio in my house.

You don't really need a big amp for a home studio. More important to get decent sound quality. Much of the time when recording at home I just plug straight into the mixer and take straight from that to a recorder.

Big amps are for playing out when you need sufficient power to be heard in a large space full of people.

Cool looking uke for sure. You'll be bending like Mayer - give us a video of it so we can hear what it sounds like.

That's a fun looking electro, electro ;)

I agree with Geoff, unless you need the power of a big amp for gigs, a small one does just as well at home (and bothers the neighbours less) - the important thing is that it doesn't hiss or give off too much hum or other noises, as these will be on your recordings for life!

I use Guitar Rig 5 and Overloud TH2 on the PC. Every amp/cab/effect pedal combination you can think of.

BTW, when it comes to amps and gear for cheap, nothing beats craigslist. Starving, over-spent guitarists abound, and plenty of their stuff will work for the uke!

Happy strumming, Andre. Looking forward to some electrified goodness on your channel

Top Bottom