Gob smacked

Timbuck

Reaction score
I'm suffering with "Man Flue" at the moment and i'm feeling a bit grumpy and under the weather...So it did not help when a slip of paper came through the letterbox this morning..It said I have to go down to the local post office depo to collect a parcel that had to be paid for co's customs tax was due on it...I was expecting a parcel with a uke in it that was coming back from overseas for a small repair... so off I went to collect it, the slip of paper wasn't very clear with bad handwriting it looked like it said £1.45 due plus £8 handling fee...so I put £20 in my back pocket and off I went...When I got there...I was shocked rigid/gobsmacked when the Guy asked for £59.45 ($93 US) which I didn't have on me:(....it turned out what I thought was a £ was a 5...I spat out a few nasy words at the postal Guy.. and all that stuff you do when you dont feel well and left the depo in a huff...but it wasn't his fault so when I go back to collect with the correct cash, I supose i'll have to be humble and apologise:eek:

So, do you have to pay customs for a uke that was exported from England just because it crosses the border on its way back? Someone is being an arsehole, even if that postal clerk wasn't.

When I send ukes abroad I make up a guarantee for repairs, but if they are minor I'd rather pay a luthier / repair man close to the customer to do it, to save shipping hassle and expenses.

Get well soon mate.

Top Bottom