Soundcloud, anyone?

Bao

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with 'soundcloud' but it's like youtube except you post up sound. It's good for posting up sound recordings online if you're not ready to make videos like me.

I only discovered it a week ago so I hope there are others who will find use of this thread and check it out too!

I've been using soundcloud for quite a while. My soundcloud channel is in my sig file. Very useful as you can focus on the audio without worrying about the video. When I'm making videos, I record the audio separately which then has to be sync'd with the video and also there is a loss of quality with You Tube videos. You can upload uncompressed audio to soundcloud which is very useful.

Free Soundcloud does restrict you to 2hrs of audio, after that you have to pay though it's not too expensive.

I haven't a lot of ukulele stuff on it but here is a recent track https://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff/the-road-across-the-moors

There is also a video on You Tube.

Last edited:
I'm a beginner and started using it recently. I like soundcloud cos it is easy to use. There is no doubt that if you wanna become famous, you'd be better go Youtube.

But, the true God for a musician should be the sound itself.

I recorded my first sound by pressing the REC on my iPad (with the built in mic), I did some wrong pickings at the end but I got it on take one and uploaded it. You know, music is live.
But I found there was too much background noise, so I used a free app called VocaLive. I spent 30 mins to learn how to use it. It can filter the noise obviously without spending any money (I kept everything unchanged, still use the built in mic on my iPad.). You can hear the comparsion from my SC, too.

I have used it for a couple of years and like it a lot. I have only used the free version, but keep being tempted by the paid version, which gives you better tracking of who listens to and likes your songs.

Amazingly enough, although I only share with friends on Facebook, I have a few followers on SoundCloud, including a couple of people who I do not know at all. And the stats show people listening in Russia and other places, where I think the songs have been discovered with no help from me.

Amazingly enough, although I only share with friends on Facebook, I have a few followers on SoundCloud, including a couple of people who I do not know at all.

Not to burst your bubble, greenie, but I opened a Soundcloud account about four months ago, never recorded anything on it (not one solitary thing), and I have about six followers. It's weird to get the new follower email notification from Soundcloud. Must be loads of people love silence.

Or, it's spam followers like on youtube.

+1 for Soundcloud, it's an excellent website.

In my opinion Soundcloud and Bandcamp are by far the best places on the web to upload your music for streaming purpose and both offer excellent free starter packages.

I think SoundCloud has almost accidentally become a top resource for musicians as it's initial target market wasn't music specific but I'd suggest it's now the #1, certainly with the musicians I know.

SoundCloud has definitely found me a few listeners... I'm hardly clogging up bandwidth, but it is nice to know a handful of people out there have given my songs a listen.

Shameless Soundcloud Plug :)

I have one that I have some older stuff on which is:
https://soundcloud.com/wvommen
as it's almost full I started another one for a specific purpose but I guess I will be putting new stuff here:
https://soundcloud.com/uke22live

I like the stats that they give, it's funny to see people downloading stuff that I thought was not that good ;).

Top Bottom