Nowhere Close - original song, my first

L

lexi

I have made music before, electronic dance music, and have remixed some tracks too, lady gaga, the killers, chicane, unofficially of course :eek:

But this is my first go at recording a track using realtime instruments, though i did loop the drum beat for consistency.

My recording method is a bit haphazard, i record into my leica camera, save the audio in mp3 format in adobe premiere, then play back on my headphones and do the whole sequence again. I did try to add sounds from my accordion but it is so old now that it no longer produces a nice sound, it could do with a bit of tlc i guess.

Anyway, my tune Fading Summer.

Instruments used were my makala mk-c uke, peavey acoustic guitar for bass, and a hand drum, and some song birds seeing as i could hear them outside while i was recording, made sense to include them in my head ;)

ps, nowhere close was what i was gona call it 5 minutes ago before i changed my mind, it wont let me change the thread title so there lol

Love the chord progressions in this, lexi; the intro and exit (I know that it's not the correct musical term, but you get what I am going for) and everything in between is done really well -- made a whole lot of emotion stir within me listening to that -- I loved the birds, too. GREAT job!!!!

Aww thank you very much, though ill be honest, my first take had more feeling to it, though my timing was really bad so i tried hard to keep perfect rhythm which in turn made me sound a bit mechanical with my strumming, a bit too rigid but thats something to work on, but i never knew my timing was so bad until i heard myself on recordings, it seems i have no concept of tempo lol i have a metronome on the way so hopefully that will help with rhythm.

I may even add a few vocals to this later, record them in my fully tiled bathroom for reverb or something, sit in an empty bath with earphones and sing without getting wet (thats a novelty), but who knows, i may go away and re-do this song again, this time with a bit mroe feeling and less rigidity, but good timing. And maybe a bassline an octave higher than it already is lol

awww thank you Eugene, i am now considering adding more instruments to it now i have finished building a soprano banjolele, once the new strings settle down of course, tuning is all over the place right now so im waiting for the strings to chill before i record its sound.

Top Bottom