Martin 2M case question

SamUke

Reaction score
I purchased a Martin 2M a few months back and recently purchased a Guardian vintage case from Elderly. The fits in the case with a slight tilt from the neck rest to the lower bout. Does anybody have experience lowering the neck rest?

I just looked up the case on Elderly's site. It appears that the neck rest has two screws on either side (on the outside of the case). I had this issue with a case and I unscrewed those, and the neck rest pulls right out. I then unpeeled the fabric from around the bottom of the neck rest (mine was plywood), and then put it in a miter box and cut it down a bit. Then wrapped the fabric around it, and reinstalled. Should be about the same for yours.

I did it, too. About a dozen times. Exactly as RyanMFT described it. It's easy.

when replacing the neck rest won't the screws go into the existing holes not lowering it? Do I need to drill new holes?

when replacing the neck rest won't the screws go into the existing holes not lowering it? Do I need to drill new holes?

You likely won't have to drill new holes. It is probably just going into the side of a piece of plywood, which should grab the screw when you screw it in.

You won't need to drill. There most of that neck rest is styrofoam with two very thin pieces of woods. The screws are wood screws. I've done a few. Takes 5 minutes. Used a bread knife to trim it down. One of them also hada staple on theinside, which i pulled outand didnt replace. There will be a little extra fabric tha you can just fold back. Piece of cake and you will be much happier with the fit.

Top Bottom