UOGB crowdfunded documentary

I supported the earlier project, and was the 10th person on board with the current project.

It was well done, although I'd like to have a couple more straight concert takes, without the documentary cut-ins.

It also reinforces that I'd like to see the in person, one of these days.

-Kurt​

Thanks Kurt,
I think I'm in. A straight concert film would be nice, but I like a documentary as well, besides I have "Anarchy in the UK".

John

Last edited:
I'm in too. I got The Ukes Down Under and loved it, so ordered the older one - 4 Strings and the Truth. I like that, after being entertained by the concert footage we also get to see what great people make up the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. I actually found out about the crowd funding too late for the Australian documentary, so I jumped on this one. I believe that earlier crowd funding succeeded ahead of time.

They're also on my "must see" list. It appears they will be in the U.S. again this winter. Love 'em.

Frank

Last edited:
Hi All,

Yes I was one of the funders for the Ukes Down Under, it was great and it has vision of us Flash Mobbing them inside the Sydney Opera House too.

In the extras Rob and I were on stage doing a strum along and we had Will and George in the audience....

So get on board.

I missed out on "Ukes Down Under" so I'm signing up for "Ukes in America" and "4 Strings and the Truth".
That should satisfy my UOGB lust for a while. :)

The Filmmaker Chips In

Thanks Kurt,
I think I'm in. A straight concert film would be nice, but I like a documentary as well, besides I have "Anarchy in the UK".

John

Hi John,

Robert Stern, the filmmaker behind The Ukes In America and The Ukes Down Under here.

Many thanks for your support for the current crowdfunding campaign.

If you're looking for a straight concert film that's a bit more recent than the 2005 Anarchy In The Ukulele DVD, last year the UOGB and my production company Litmus Films co-produced The UOGB Live At Sydney Opera House - you can see a free clip on the Litmus Films YouTube channel here.

As well as an hour of previously unreleased concert footage, this DVD has another hour of various performance gems on an Extras disc, and a (as far as I'm aware - maybe you can confirm) unique playalong subtitle option, showing all the chord grids. There's a clip showing how that works here.

The DVD is available here or via the band's website.

I'd welcome your feedback on this, and of course on the current Kickstarter campaign for 'The Ukes In America', which has got off to an encouragingly strong start, but still has a long way to go to reach our goal.

Thanks, Robert.

Thanks for the info Robert, and of course I as well hope the Kickstarter campaign finishes on the plus side. :)

Thanks for the info Robert, and of course I as well hope the Kickstarter campaign finishes on the plus side. :)

Thanks! It's certainly been a very encouraging start. Even if Ukulele Undergrounders aren't familiar with the band, I hope it'll be fun to follow the campaign's progress, as we'll be soliciting and uploading fans' performance videos and adding new bits of our own video over the next few weeks to the July 21 deadline.

And if anyone has any questions or comments about the project, I'd be very happy to address them either here or via the Kickstarter comments page.

Thanks again, Robert.

I just signed up for the Ukes in America project. I really enjoyed the last one The Ukes Down Under so I am looking forward to the next one. I got to see them on that tour when they were in Los Angeles. Loved the show! I encourage everyone to join in and make this DVD happen.

–Lori

Top Bottom