My new ukulele build has started

etf

Reaction score
Due to excitement just had to post that my Mya Moe #1092 has started and "Ruby" is looking mighty fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 119
Congratulations! That's some fine looking myrtle!

So which is the correct name; Ruby or Myrtle?

Awesome wood! It looks like two different trees that grew as one.

Did someone graft koa and myrtle together?

Mya-Moe has amazing wood sets. You've landed a beauty. Have fun with the build process. Wait until you see what happens to that wood when it gets oiled!

She started as Miss Myrtle to get the ball rolling. However she is now officially "Ruby" I was told she picked her own name due to her fiery gemstone looks. I agreed and from now on she is Ruby. Thanks for the replies all

How about some rubies as fret markers? To make sure no one calls her Myrtle.

Love the asymmetric grain.

Due to excitement just had to post that my Mya Moe #1092 has started and "Ruby" is looking mighty fine.
Gorgeous looking one piece~it will be worth the wait!

Oh wow, that is crazy beautiful! Can't wait to see it all finished. That wood is just... stunning. :drool:

I almost always prefer book-matched to single-piece tops and backs. Yours is one grand exception. Looks like half of it's on fire! Be sure to thank Char for her keen eye.

Third stage of oil just went on wooohoooo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 33
And when you're done, you'll do a cover of this song?

Love that song but forgot all about it. Cat was my hero growing up. While everyone else was into the hard rock I was the strange one with all the Cat Stevens albums lol.

Top Bottom