Pistachio tenor

finkdaddy

Reaction score
I just finished this guy for a customer a couple of nights ago. It's a Pistachio tenor with a spruce top.
The Pistachio was an absolute joy to work with. It planed nicely, scraped and sanded smooth, and has so many beautiful colors in it.
I only wish I had bought more than one set of wood when I had the chance! I will definately be looking out for more.
IMAG0807.jpgIMAG0808.jpgIMAG0809.jpgIMAG0810.jpgIMAG0811.jpg

Nice! What does the pistachio do for the sound compared to other spruce tops you've done?

Gorgeous Ukulele. I take it Pistachio is not very common? What a beauty.

The colors in the pistachio are beautiful, I keep an eye out for some with lots of green. Oregon Wild Wood sometimes has some.
Your uke is really lovely.
Anne Flynn

Beautiful wood. I hope you have a good case for it.....a hard shell yuk yuk yuk

Gorgeous. I love the grain.

LOL!
Thank you for the kind words everyone!
Sadly, the wood doesn't smell like pistachios. I wish it did!
I don't know if it's rare. I really doubt it. But I hadn't seen it offered up as luthier wood untill I found my set and bought it.
I like the sound it gives. I think it's fairly dense, but not too heavy. It seems to reflect the sound pretty well and, paired up with the spruce top, I think it has a pretty great sound; warm, loud, and with a nice attack.
Hopefully I'll be making more of it soon.

~F

Last edited:
I got some from Les Stansell in Oregon but I haven't cut it up yet. Mine is greener then this though from memory.

Top Bottom