Pants Wetter: Pono CE solid body!

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
Last edited:
Oh...this is about a uke? Shucks, I'll grab my coat then....

When I read Pants Wetter I thought this thread was about the new German jazz maestro.

Thanks for sharing Steve.
Just a tid bit for you guys. One of the top Pono builders did this side project electric with flame mango. my dad saw it and sent me this picture from the factory saying- they have a batch of really nice mango, what do you think about using it on some of the TE models? I could hardly even reply, I just kept staring...
Pono-Mango.jpg

Hey Andrew, real quick question on the Godin comparison to the others. Does the Multiuke have more volume unplugged with the added "sound holes"(below the fretboard + holes near EQ nobs) or do I have the complete wrong idea/am seeing the images wrong? Whatcha think? Aloha

Did I miss the price? Looks great but what cost? I've been pondering another solid-body uke for a while...

Says $649 at the top of the article. I know Corey could make bailing twine strung over a wet paper bag sound good, but, holy smokes! :drool: I like the warmer Godin sound too. Why would *anyone* would get the KoOlau when the alternatives are so dang good?

Good lord. I WANT A UKE THAT LOOKS LIKE THAT. And sounds like the video...

Hey Andrew, real quick question on the Godin comparison to the others. Does the Multiuke have more volume unplugged with the added "sound holes"(below the fretboard + holes near EQ nobs) or do I have the complete wrong idea/am seeing the images wrong? Whatcha think? Aloha
Below the fingerboard is the truss rod access for adjusting. The slider Eq ports do add volume.

http://theukulelereview.com/2013/06/14/new-pono-ce-solid-body-tenor-review-comparison/

Goodness sakes, that looks amazing.:drool:

I have a KoOlau CE-1 and I truly love it. It plays so solidly. It just feels different than a traditional uke.

Andrew...this is going to be huge. Thanks.

P>S> How in the world does Mr. Fujimoto do that 3rd and 10th finger stretch on a tenor neck at 2:50 minutes? Oh, my!

Hey Cool

I am glad Corey getting some buzz on the UU lately..he is only in his early 20's but he can play for real!..could be the best kept secret on Oahu,,i know he working on a CD now..

he does not visit the UU but I will relay all the nice words to him..

Wow, that sounds incredible...and Corey just keeps getting better and better...He's a fantastic player.....and I love the sound of this Pono!

Did I read that right? Does he seriously refer to himself as an "average" player? I might as well just give up now.

Well, guess who is having a birthday on October 1st? This will be the easiest birthday gift my wife will ever have to come up with.

BTW, can someone remind me the name of the tune that Corey opens with in the video? Thanks.

Okay...I've been known to suffer from UAS on occasion...I've even been known to drool a little at the sight of a really nice piece of work or stunning wood grain. But...if I ever...I mean ever...wet myself over a ukulele you have my permission to have me carted off to a long-term care facility... :biglaugh:

John

I think many of us with have our favorite acoustic uke and a solid body Pono. It is just a no brainer. I will be visiting Hawaii this summer and hope to try one out. Either way, I will be getting one in the near future.

Okay...I've been known to suffer from UAS on occasion...I've even been known to drool a little at the sight of a really nice piece of work or stunning wood grain. But...if I ever...I mean ever...wet myself over a ukulele you have my permission to have me carted off to a long-term care facility... :biglaugh:

John

I wonder if boiler plate advance directives include terminal incontinence?

Brah, watchu said?
Ahh the BE..
I better not say. I'm pretty sure all your bodily fluids will find their nearest exit and you'll be in a mess.
My best advice is to truly believe whatever you want is coming and it will manifest.

Top Bottom