Took the plunge

TheJuice

Reaction score
Weather I "deserve" it or not I went ahead and took the plunge yesterday and ordered a Kamaka tenor :eek:!!! I chose a curly and wavy-looking beauty.:eek:! I am now eagerly anticipating my purchase and wish I could fly over there and get it myself. My profile pic is the Kamaka I ordered. Color of the light in the pic is off a bit but it'll look darker in person I was told. Will update with better pics once i get it.
I'm pretty psyched!! :drool:

Now all I have to do is become the best uke player I can be..:cool:

probably don't deserve it. ;) But congrats anyway. :cool:

Congrats on your new uke!!!! Deserve it or not, you will for sure grow with this nice instrument and will learn a lot with it and you will probably appreciate it more and more as you improve yourself......

https://soundcloud.com/baouke/lady-standby-by-lotus-notes .....let's dance......

<soapbox>
We do not have to deserve our instruments, they have to deserve the time and money we lavish on them.
</soapbox>

Okay, now that we have the standard disclaimer out of the way...congratulations!

John

congratulations! I find that nice instruments encourage me to play more often. The more you play, the better you get.

<soapbox>
We do not have to deserve our instruments, they have to deserve the time and money we lavish on them.
</soapbox>

Okay, now that we have the standard disclaimer out of the way...congratulations!

John

:agree: Big 10-4 there buddy.

From where did you order this beauty?

I ended up getting it from Easy Music Center in Honolulu. Whilst there are many great places to purchase a Kamaka (many of which are mentioned on this site) I ended up working with Jeff S. and finding a really nice uke (IMHO) and Kamaka case at a good price. Unfortunately, a couple places were out of stock but I ended up happy with what I chose. I got a lot of help along the way so heres a hearty thank you to Andrew @ HMS and Bryan at Good Guys Music and Sound and many members on UU. Only problem is that I will likely have to get it set up (and buy a humidifier) after I get it home. Guess those $$ I saved are spoken for..

Last edited:
Top Bottom