Ocrud

good_uke_boy

Reaction score
My wife just coined what might be a new acronym, which I thought I'd share. OCRUD = Obsessive Compulsive Recurring Ukulele Disorder.

My guess is she was responding to her husband's constant fiddling with ukes, uke strings, uke tabs, uke chords, uke fingerpicking, uke books including ones for dummies, uke web sites, and worst: singing while uke playing.

Not sure about assigning "Recurring" to the letter R. However, she liked the sound of this acronym when spoken aloud. Suggestions for a better word welcome...

Last edited:
Your wife is a genius. You can't top that.

It'll be perfect for when eugenie walks past my study room, only to find me - again - knee deep in ukulele stuff. Now she has a word that can adequately give voice to her frustration when she starts shaking her head.

Actually, in that context, I read it more as a phrase, a substitute for "O, S##T"...now she has "O, CRUD!!!" Much more pleasant. :)

At this very moment I have strewn about the family room my Mainland Concert, Kala Soprano, new to me today Epiphone Les Paul and Mahalo Smiley Face, my little 15W acoustic amp, 2 gig bags, a hardcase, couple of straps and the amp chord, and I'm sitting here typing on this uke forum.

But I don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, my wife is a genius. The only error she's made (that I know of) was answering "yes" when I popped the question years ago. Ironically, she gave me this acceptance at the top of Mt. Haleakala. She didn't anticipate what this error in Hawaii would unleash.

I should clarify: the acronym only works with "R" in the middle. But what should this "R" stand for? In case, "Recurring" works. Any better ideas out there?

Reentrant?

Ocrud? Oh, crud.... sorta what my wife says when I pick up a uke to play a song I'm learning. She spells it differently, though...

Y'know, in my experience of "conditions" it can sometimes be helpful to the afflicted if the condition has a label and a defined pathology ;)

(I wonder...is there a need for a thread/forum support group thingy for partners of the so afflicted?)

So how does OCRUD relate to UAS? Is UAS part of OCRUD? are they separate, but often related afflictions? Or does OCRUD reflect an evolution of the understanding of the condition (like how there used to be shell shock, then it was battle fatigue, and now its PTSD)?

More investigation is necessary! where's my credit card...

Top Bottom