New Uke setup?

aqualung23

Reaction score
So I bought my first uke, the fender Pa'ina, which I chose because it was really the only solid wood uke with a pickup in my price range. I would love to get a really good setup with Aquila strings, but I live in the middle of nowhere and I'm not sure that a regular music shop will have someone who knows their stuff when it comes to the uke. Anyone have any suggestions? BTW I'm in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Thanks in advance.

See if you can find a reputable guitar repair shop and ask if they work on ukes.

I would just ask to talk to the guy that does the repair/set up work at your local shop and see how he reacts to the idea of setting up a uke. It should be well within his comfort range since the process is fairly similar to that of a guitar. Find someone that seems excited and confident about making your uke play well!

In all honesty, I'd say do it yourself. There are plenty of very good videos on You Tube explaining the process and even if it all goes wrong, you can buy a new nut and saddle (pennies on E Bay) and keep going at it until you get it right ......

:D

I found a local guy by calling up music shops in driving distance and asking them. One referred me to a guy they outsource to who lives in my area.

But, honestly, I just buy all my ukes from theukulelesite.com now because they come with a pro setup. If you live anywhere near Reading let me know; there's a guy in this area who I found in my research.

Top Bottom