FS: 60's Martin Style 51 Baritone Ukulele

mkatz

Reaction score
FS: 60's Martin Style 51 Baritone Ukulele -SOLD

SOLD

I am reducing this again to $ including shipping. Somebody will be very happy with this baritone.

I am selling an early 60's Martin Style 51 Baritone ukulele in very good/excellent condition. It is all original with no cracks and plays and sounds great. There is one ding on the treble side as shown in the photo. There are no issues and it comes with the original chip board case.

The price is $ shipped including PayPal fees. Would consider custom or vintage soprano, super soprano or concert in trade.

Please contact me directly at mkatz@pfsllc.com.

Mitch

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
that is a pretty clean martin mitch....looks like that ding is an easy fix well maybe...:) wish I had the money... I love clean mint ukes like this..
I do love the tuners...ha ha been looking for a set like that....hee hee

that is a pretty clean martin mitch....looks like that ding is an easy fix well maybe...:) wish I had the money... I love clean mint ukes like this..
I do love the tuners...ha ha been looking for a set like that....hee hee

Thanks Stan, it really is a beauty. I find myself mostly playing my concert and soprano ukes so this could use a new home.

Jumpin' Jehoshaphat! It's the cat's pajamas!!

If there's no Martin stamp or serial # inside, it's a '60-62. If there's a stamp then made after '62. That is really clean M. I agree that ding should be a breeze to have repaired if desired, but it's so miniscule and a part of it's history.

(Note) Martin ukes after 1916 don't have serial numbers, so corrected my post. Thanks Jack for telling me.

Last edited:
If there's no Martin stamp or serial # inside, it's a '60-62. If there's a stamp and no serial number it's a '63, if it has both is post '63. That is really clean M. I agree that ding should be a breeze to have repaired if desired, but it's so miniscule and a part of it's history.

Thanks for the info Patrick. I am away for a a couple of days so I cannot confirm but I believe it is a '63. I never felt it was necessary to fix the ding.

I would consider other size vintage Martins in comparable condition in trade.

Mitch

Patrick: I was under the impression that Martin baritones from 60s and early 70s never had a serial number. I've looked at many and none of them had a serial number. Of course I didn't know the exact year of manufacture.

My baritone was purchased in 1971 and no serial number.

Jack I think you're right. I am really chagrined about this. I must be getting Favilla and Martin mixed up or something; too many ukes too short memory lol. Gonna go back and change it. Baris made between 60-'62 don't have the stamp inside though. Thanks for the correction.

Last edited:
A few offers and a possible deal but as of right now it's still available.

Mitch

Still considering trade offers. Vintage or custom sopranos or concerts.

Mitch

Top Bottom