Mainland Red Cedar Concert Neck Que.

Shastastan

Reaction score
Hi. I just got my new mainland red cedar concert w/rosewood body. What a beautiful instrument! Can someone please tell me what kind of wood the neck is made from? Thanks.

Stan

Aloha Stan,
Congrats on your new mainland red cedar.....send a PM to MIke of Mainland Ukes....Or Uke Republic....I am sure you will get a quick answer....nice name man..:)

Hi Stan this is Stan. From Stan to Stan, both Stans know that Stan is a name that Stans like.

Mike from Uke Republic got back to me and the neck is mahogany. This uke is easier to play than my other ukes. By easy, I mean that the strings are easy and light to press. The strings are Aquilas. I wondered if it was just wishful thinking on my part, but wife said the strings are easy, too.

Hi Stan this is Stan. From Stan to Stan, both Stans know that Stan is a name that Stans like.

Mike from Uke Republic got back to me and the neck is mahogany. This uke is easier to play than my other ukes. By easy, I mean that the strings are easy and light to press. The strings are Aquilas. I wondered if it was just wishful thinking on my part, but wife said the strings are easy, too.
its not weird at all.
Some ukes feel stiffer and harder to make notes (fret)
It has to do with a few things
1. string height (both nut and saddle play a big roll)
2. material of the strings (some strings have a higher tension to reach the note when tuned)
3. I have noticed that the bend angle of the string over the bridge and/or nut seems to contribute to the feel (more sharp angle = Higher tension?)

I hope others can chime in, but you are not crazy

Thanks ukeeku. I was aware that the lowered strings make a difference and I have had that done on my Mainland tenor, but this concert plays easier and the strings have not been lowered. I see no reason to either.

Top Bottom