black strings?

bbbbbkny

Reaction score
hey guys I was wondering if you guy can recommend any strings for my friend? im getting him strings for xmas. He wants black strings and he said he needs concert low G strings.

are hilo good strings? im new to uke bout a month old. The only good strings I know are Aquila,GHS and Kamaka. And i personally like Martins.

They are fine - I have Hilo strings on my soprano and Aquila on my concert - the Hilo's are a little brighter.

I'm not to sure on the brand,, (did'nt take much notice of that when i put them on),, but i highly recomend black strings,,, i give them an absolute thrash'n and they still hold up strong,, and sound good too,,,
check this out:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=L6LHHT_dJDg
Had them on now,, for about 4 mths,, will post when i make a change,

Black strings Rock
Bro.D

Fremont Blacklines are nice.

hey guys I was wondering if you guy can recommend any strings for my friend? im getting him strings for xmas. He wants black strings and he said he needs concert low G strings.

Wait a sec... Christmas shopping already?

I've used Hilo strings with low G for my soprano. They sound pretty good, but they felt like wet noodles after a few weeks use. Maybe I just played a lot, though.

I wish I had experience on black fluorocarbon strings, but I don't. Worth Clear fluorocarbons are pretty good though. They're much skinnier than nylons.

i second that...My hilo uke came with hilo strings and sounded great...i put on GHS and it sounded terrible, they were a much lighter gauge, the hilos i had were big fatties and sounded perfect... i have the GHS for a day and replaces with with black d'darios and those alight, but not as good as my hilo's were

I just bought ORCAS black fluorocarbon strings for tenor ukulele last night from MGM. Now I just have to wait for them! I'll try to make a D'addario Pro Arté J71 vs. ORCAS video comparison with my Pono Tenor Mango Cutaway. My PTM-CE tends to be boomy in general. I'm looking for something to cut out some of its boominess. Mango seems like a really dense wood.

Top Bottom