PDA

View Full Version : soft ware

mal-c
06-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I know I'me probably asking to much but in this day and age who knows,is it possible to get soft ware to convert guitar tabs to uke tabs.My farther used to tell me, son if you don't know ask.Thanks for looking Mal(UK)

philrab66
06-16-2013, 11:04 AM
I know I'me probably asking to much but in this day and age who knows,is it possible to get soft ware to convert guitar tabs to uke tabs.My farther used to tell me, son if you don't know ask.Thanks for looking Mal(UK)

You can use Guitar Pro to a degree. The only trouble is that guitar has a much bigger range than a Uke.

itsme
06-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Tux Guitar will let you transpose, but it's going to take some massaging to get anything close to what you want to do. Like philrab66 said, there's a big difference in range between guitar and uke, and if you're using re-entrant (high G) tuning, it becomes problematic in deciding which string to place a note on.

I downloaded the trial version of Guitar Pro once and it was so crippled as to be useless. Not only could you not save anything (which is to be expected from a demo), but you couldn't even open any files except the few they included. I immediately uninstalled it.

Tux is free, open-source, and will import a variety of formats from other programs.

bazmaz
06-18-2013, 06:35 AM
If you can find the song in question on a site called Chordie.com - it will allow you to do that direct on the page - also gives you chord boxes too.

philrab66
06-18-2013, 06:56 AM
If you can find the song in question on a site called Chordie.com - it will allow you to do that direct on the page - also gives you chord boxes too.
I think OP was after tabs not chords.

airmanfoote
06-19-2013, 03:32 PM
I too am interested. I have Guitar Pro. I cannot figure out how to transpose from guitar to ukulele. From guitar to ukulele, I transpose up a 5th, correct? Because when I try that, nothing fits on the ukulele (Guitar Pro).

Also, has anyone tried Finale?