larson1951

Reaction score
i would like to know if anything like a vintage sopranino
with wood tuner pegs was ever made??

if so,........i am thinking to buy a few

anyone have any info?.........
.......thanks in advance for any help

steve

If I'm not mistaken I think that sopraninos are a newer thing so I don't think any older company's have them. Someone tell me if in wrong I would love to know also

I've come across one early 20th century koa (maybe even Hawaiian) mini ukulele---style and beauty of a classic Kumalae with a scale of 10 inches or so. Sounded sweet, too!

I've seen a Kamaka Sopranino before but its pretty rare and I'm not sure they made many of them. I haven't seen many vintage ones other than that.

A lot of the early Hawaiian makers made miniature ukulele models. At the time they were referred to as "midgets". They were typically 15-17 inches long overall. Not a whole lot were made, so they don't turn up all that often. Hawaiian makers that made them include Anahu, Leonardo Nunes (actually made in Los Angeles), Kumalae, and Mossman. On the mainland Sears sold a mini ukulele in the teens. In the 1920s, Stadlmair marketed a really nice mini that was made by the maker Nicola Turturro.

thank you to all for the info
and thanks much to you ukuku for the extra info!

i would like to know if anything like a vintage sopranino
with wood tuner pegs was ever made??

if so,........i am thinking to buy a few

anyone have any info?.........
.......thanks in advance for any help

steve

Hi Steve,

Would this be something matching your description? http://www.argapa.blogspot.com/search/label/Piccolo

Scroll down for various build pics.

Sven is a member here, under the username Sven

Hope you find what you're looking for,
*daniel

Top Bottom