Long Beach CA uke club/activities?

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I just recently sold my house in Pasadena, CA and I am looking to buy now closer to a beach community.

After three weeks of searching, and touring dozens of homes, I have it narrowed down between a house in Redondo Beach and one in Signal Hill. I much prefer the area in Redondo, but if I am being honest, the Signal Hill house is twice as large, twice as nice, and listing at 100k lower. So my spouse is trying to convince me to pick that one.

I know there is a big Hawaiian cultural scene in the South Bay but I have found less in Long Beach/Signal Hill. I did find there is a ukulele club in Long Beach (a few videos on the internet) but have not found how to join.

Are any UUers in that group? Or do any UUers know of uke activities in that region?

Let me know when you get more info...I might have to check it out as I live in Cerritos but go to the Westside Uke Ensemble.

I'm no help with the LB stuff since it's been almost 20 years since I lived there, but - will this put you close enough to Santa Monica that you'll be joining us again? I sure hope so! I used to do the LB/SM commute every day and it wasn't awful at the time, but I know things have changed a lot since then - more people, more cars, more traffic.

Unsolicited advice but I'm putting it out there anyway: personally I'd be leaning toward the Redondo house over Signal Hill one, regardless of size. Signal Hill used to be pretty dicey in some areas. Again, things might have changed, but from what I hear from my landlord (who has a lot of experience with LB properties) transitional areas in the LB area such as Signal Hill and the "fruit tree" streets (Orange, Lime etc) never seem to make it to their full potential. He's lost a pretty penny or two this way.

All of this to say that your McCabe's uke buddies miss you and hope we will see you again :)

Top Bottom