"Tell Old Bill"

Saw this last night on the 'Tube, but am finally getting 'round to a comment -- loved it, Jon! Your playing and music ALWAYS makes my day! Thanks for all of those many wonderful moments of pure music love you give to us all!

I second the farm...your stuff is always great but this might be one of the best yet. If you hear a whispering "shhhh" behind you don't look over your shoulder...it's just my drone taking pictures of your old books. :)

John

Saw this last night on the 'Tube, but am finally getting 'round to a comment -- loved it, Jon! Your playing and music ALWAYS makes my day! Thanks for all of those many wonderful moments of pure music love you give to us all!

thanks so much Chelle for being so supportive of my songs. Blessings to you guys from us :)

This was fun - had my wife & granddaughter dancing at the table with me. I hope to someday be half this good. Thanks for sharing it!

This is just BRILLIANT !!!!
Everything that I truly love : great singing, awesome playstyle, great feeling on a masterpiece instrument !
Gosh, you're awesome with these folk'y feelings !

Bravo, Jon !!!

Wow , another great one. I really enjoyed that, i've listened about 8 times so far. I really enjoyed seeing your picking and strumming technique , is there a method to the way you do it or is this just the way you do it. thanks again. My picking and strumming could use some work. thanks again.

I second the farm...your stuff is always great but this might be one of the best yet. If you hear a whispering "shhhh" behind you don't look over your shoulder...it's just my drone taking pictures of your old books. :)

John
haha. Bring it on brother. Call me and tell me which book and what song page you want open and I'll make sure I hold it up for ya in a good light...
Like it lots!

thanks Leroy!

This was fun - had my wife & granddaughter dancing at the table with me. I hope to someday be half this good. Thanks for sharing it!
thanks a lot Uncle, it's a great old song eh, and, like all the good folk songs, nice and uncomplicated
This is just BRILLIANT !!!!
Everything that I truly love : great singing, awesome playstyle, great feeling on a masterpiece instrument !
Gosh, you're awesome with these folk'y feelings !

Bravo, Jon !!!
many thanks brother Frax. Yes! Masterpiece instrument alright! I only wish Gerard built more ukes because the chances of getting another one are pretty low, but I'll make the most of this one for sure. Thankyou for the kind comment mate, all the best

Wow , another great one. I really enjoyed that, I've listened about 8 times so far. I really enjoyed seeing your picking and strumming technique , is there a method to the way you do it or is this just the way you do it. thanks again. My picking and strumming could use some work. thanks again.

Cheers Pete. Oh, I wish I could help you out mate but I really have no technical understanding to speak of, I kinda developed my own way of playing and style and just adapt it slightly to fit whatever song I'm doing. I have a few strum styles and picking styles and just work them in depending mainly on the tempo and rhythm of the song. But thanks for the nice comment brother. If you have Skype I could maybe show you what I do? I've got it but never used it...technology scares me a bit...OK...a lot :)

Great style . I was hoping there was a book you used to develop it. I really like the change from G to Em with just the addition of your pinky finger , I don't think I ever would have seen that myself.
Great job.

Jon, the overall vibe of this performance is overwhelmingly good - I really dig your variations in the strumming rhythm and patterns and the way they work with the picking. It's something you do all the time, but this is especially fine. Couldn't be better....

In a word, amazing. I love this old song, as I posted on YT I love Eric Bibbs version. However, this is the best version I have ever heard on ukulele. If I ever get to a level that I can play tunes like that, everyone I know will hear some of great old songs I love.
Once again, amazing.

Thanks a lot everyone. Really glad y'all enjoyed the song. :)

Actually, I've had several folks asking for the songsheet with the chords and lyrics, so here is a link to the page on my website:
http://www.eugeneukulele.com/songs.html
Just click on the song title under the "PDF SONGSHEETS" heading and a downloadable/printable version will open up for you.

Thanks a lot everyone. Really glad y'all enjoyed the song. :)

Actually, I've had several folks asking for the songsheet with the chords and lyrics, so here is a link to the page on my website:
http://www.eugeneukulele.com/songs.html
Just click on the song title under the "PDF SONGSHEETS" heading and a downloadable/printable version will open up for you.

Thanks for sharing Jon, got it on my "to learn" list.

Top Bottom