Anyone own a Boat Paddle soprano?

Seeso,

Thanks for the link. Julie's articles are what turned me onto them in the first place. Hers is a tenor. I'm hoping to find someone who owns a soprano.

Kevin

I don't know about the soprano but I played a tenor that sounded great. The neck and fretboard felt lovely to play on but I couldn't keep hold of it. I have that problem with tenors in general though.

Plainsong,

Thanks. When I started on uke I wound up with a Tenor but recently bought a Flea on sale and realized that the ease of strumming a soprano is more where I want to head. (And surprisingly the flea sounds bassier than the Bushman Cedar Tone Tenor.)

Boat Paddles have a reputation for a nice low action with the adjustable neck, rich intonation with their unique shape, a lot of sustain and good projection. Most reviews and user posts I have seen back this up. My order's in, so I'll know in a few months.

Kevin

Let us know...

Plainsong,

Thanks. When I started on uke I wound up with a Tenor but recently bought a Flea on sale and realized that the ease of strumming a soprano is more where I want to head. (And surprisingly the flea sounds bassier than the Bushman Cedar Tone Tenor.)

Boat Paddles have a reputation for a nice low action with the adjustable neck, rich intonation with their unique shape, a lot of sustain and good projection. Most reviews and user posts I have seen back this up. My order's in, so I'll know in a few months.

Kevin

Kevin-Please let us know if what you receive lives up to the reputation. I am very curious as they do sound great.

Grey

Boat Paddles are great, I have played a few since Jerry lives close and consigns them at my local music store. The adjustable neck was something he did in the past but has gone to a glued design rather then a bolt design, I do believe you can request the bolt when you order. Jerry's build quality is fantastic, you will not be disappointed.

SamUke

Thanks for the insight. Buying a uke sight unseen or ear-unheard can always be dicey. I've researched BP for a while and the sound files of Jerry's stuff sound great. And I'm an seeing a lot of comments about just how playable they are. When I get it I'll post some audio both with the pickup and miked.

Mine is a concert :) and it's great! I still love it. You can't go wrong working with Jerry. He's great at quickly answering your questions and providing advice and ideas on how to make your custom instrument the best it can be.

Regards,
Julie Strietelmeier
http://ukulelereview.com

Julie,

Thanks for posting the story about your boat paddle on your blog. It was very helpful in making my decision to go for a boat paddle.

Top Bottom