Kris Barnett Tenor -- new condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevelele

Reaction score
Reconsidering the sale of this instrument, but if you are interested, let me know. It is most similar to a lichty, which with these options (bindings, squared off miters, metallic rosette decorations, peghead veneer, brazilian rosewood/cedar) would be much higher. Kris is an innovative luthier who is famous for his classical guitars. His ukuleles are every bit as good. Dirk at southcoast ukes said this about kris in a post on the underground

"Kris is one of the most innovative luthiers I know. I'm surprised with his guitar schedule that he's branching out like this. I'm sure he will bring some fresh perspectives to ukulele design, and our community will be fortunate for his participation.

I do owe him one, as he gave me some pointers with glue for laminating backs, and his armrests and tailpieces (as shown) have inspired some of our new designs.

I'd recommend jumping on this train before it leaves the station for a 30 month trip!"

Anyhow, I am only considering the sale to renovate my home and because I pretty much sell all my stuff bc I don't like to get to attached to my possessions.... The item is in new condition and I'm the original owner. Here's a review I did of his concert uke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKdQHTCLwTk.

Attachments

• full front.jpg
    full front.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 220
  • full front angle.jpg
    full front angle.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 503
  • full back angle.jpg
    full back angle.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 163
  • back detail.jpg
    back detail.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 157
  • headstock rear.jpg
    headstock rear.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
BTW, Kris's wait time is starting to ramp up with the demand for his ukes and his waiting list for guitars is already 3 years. He has done no marketing--not even through Facebook, yet he already has a following and I think that you'd have to wait almost 6 months for a uke. I know that Dirk at Southcoast ukes is a big fan of Kris's and has identified him as a great and innovative luthier.

Last edited:
Steve, this looks like an awesome ukulele.

Kris' concert really sounds outstanding. Would you have a sound sample of this tenor?

Its a beauty

Astounding! this is a beautiful Uke.
I can understand your ambivalence about letting it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom