Mark Roberts Tenor -- a rare appearance and an unusual sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevelele

Reaction score
SOLD

Mark Roberts has been praised by Eric Devine as a great luthier. ""Mark is da man! He will be the next Charles Fox." Eric Devine / Devine Guitars & Ukuleles.

That's what attracted me to his ukes. He uses a kasha bracing and produces what seems to be a spectacular instrument. What didn't attract me is the prices--for the most part, a tenor costs over $3000 with wood upgrades.

But from time to time, Mark will sell display units. This particular uke caught my eye, bc it's made of sinker redwood and some very nice myrtle. To make it even nicer, I asked Mark to send the uke to a great finisher (I don't recall exactly, but I think he sent it to someone who works with Collings or Taylor) to put on a gloss finish to make it look brand new.

I have not received the uke--I'm hoping that someone can pay me what I paid and I can have Mark send you the uke when he gets it back from the finisher.

I'm asking a bit less than I paid: with shipping (in the US) and a case, which represents something of a discount off of a new uke with all the options, which this essentially will be

Here's an awesome sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUlqj3Pch98

And here's a photo

roberts ukulele.JPG

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity - why are you selling it?

Steve answered this in his other sales thread. (Steve correct me if I'm wrong.)

Why am I selling it? Because I need to do some home renovations, and frankly, I pretty much sell everything I buy. I like the Kimo Hussey school of thought. Play an instrument, enjoy it, and let it go. I try not to get too attached to the things I own--I know that's different from how a lot of people do things here, but to each his own.

BTW that is an outstanding ukulele !

Last edited:
Thanks Doc--yes that is the reason. I would love to have/try this uke, but I am spending way too much on many things lately and need to readjust. I have heard nothing but awesome things about Mark Roberts, which is why I jumped on this opportunity to buy one of his ukes at such a steep discount.

Steve answered this in his other sales thread. (Steve correct me if I'm wrong.)

BTW that is an outstanding ukulele !

This uke has been SOLD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom