Jet/performax 10-20 owners

Timbuck

Reaction score
Lately I have only been able to thickness sand down to about .085" and I usually can get down to .0125" or less....So I decided to investigate what was stopping it...And I found some wood dust had stuck to the underside bottom of the extruded aluminium motor plate "grounding it"..The grease had collected at the base and over time dust had stuck to it ..So I poked my finger underneath and scraped it off (With the machine unplugged of course) below is a pic of the offending particals...now all is well again....so it's worth checking that out...I'm aware that some machines have to use a support board to get that sort of thickness (Or thinness :))
So this problem won't apply.

You continue to keep my 10-20 working! That's the cottage industry for valued added service. Every shop tool one purchases could come with a "Ken Timms Owns It, Uses It, Has Had It Get Funky, But Has Fixed It" certification--

Thanks for the tip. BTW, Ken, did you want that 90 year old mahogany that I mentioned in PM? (thought your mailbox was fixed)

Top Bottom