Favilla Ukulele lost in mail

insula

Reaction score
Apparently, there will be no old uke day for me, since the Favilla I bought a few weeks ago on ebay has gone missing-no updates available on the priority shipping code from Virginia, beyond two days after it was mailed. My local P.O. was kind enough to call the sender's original P.O., and it's not there. Now I have to wait for the sender to file a claim (can't be done before 23 days), get reimbursed, then reimburse me. By far the worst experience I've had on the 'bay, not really the seller's fault, but disappointing nonetheless. I had even bought new tuners for it, rats!

Maybe I can shrink my Martin 000-15 in the washer & dryer and create my own distressed vintage ukulele-it is mahogany, after all.

Thanks for listening . . .

I ordered a book through an Amazon Seller. It didn't arrived. Nearly a week past the expected delivery, the seller told me it was lots and reimbursed me the full amount immediately. I ordered another book which came quickly. A week after I received the second book, the first one arrived.

I believe any decent seller would reimburse the buyer immediately and "they" should wait for the reimbursement from the shipper. Just my opinion

I ordered a book through an Amazon Seller. It didn't arrived. Nearly a week past the expected delivery, the seller told me it was lots and reimbursed me the full amount immediately. I ordered another book which came quickly. A week after I received the second book, the first one arrived.

I believe any decent seller would reimburse the buyer immediately and "they" should wait for the reimbursement from the shipper. Just my opinion

Yes, the Post Office does work in mysterious ways. I had a similar experience as a seller on ebay, while delivery confirmation showed it entering "the system", it took over 3 weeks to deliver it 300 miles. I had refunded the buyer's money at 2-weeks of Postal Purgatory.

Last edited:
I think it will still show up.

Be patient....I has happened to me..no updates and it finally shows up....have some faith in our postal system :)

I also think it will arrive. Eventually.

Three weeks ago, I received a case I had ordered three years ago for an old iPhone I no longer use. The seller had sent me a replacement case within days of my original order not arriving. I would love to know (1) where that package sat for three years and (2) the first thought of the USPS employee who found it. I know that ukuleles, especially used ones, are not as easy to replace as a smartphone case. Good luck with your ukulele.

I keep checking this thread hoping that the next post will report that the wayward Uke has arrived at its new home. I, too, have had very weird experiences with USPS "tracking". I also agree that the odds are in you favor that you will see this Uke before too much more time passes.

Thanks for the encouragement - I vow I'm NOT GOING to scan my doorstop every day when I get home, waiting for this package. Better to concentrate on Ukulele Fretboard Roadmaps (which is terrific) and do something constructive!

Oh, my goodness! I'm so sorry! As a Favilla fanatic myself I know that I would be extremely upset. Finding a Favilla in good shape at a good price is not easy. I hope that the thing suddenly surfaces. It really worries me sending these things though the mail. I have been inside a mail/package distribution center as part of my job and the thought of a valuable old instrument like a Favilla going through that Rube Goldberg set of bins and conveyor belts gives me the shivers. I hope you get your uke!

I've run into this problem with USPS, someone along the line was too lazy or too busy to put in the tracking number when it passed their way and so now it's "out there" with no way to confirm where it is.
I know the post office has recently laid people off and made a lot of employees part-timers because they have been losing money. To make things worse, someone high up decided to re-do the customs forms and it takes them forever to enter all the info for an international parcel.

Top Bottom