Fremont Soloist low G strings

tejastani

Reaction score
Ordered 3 of these from Uke Republic. Took a while, but they're great! Double length (for concert, anyway). I put one on my cherry Loprinzi concert and intonation is good; volume matches up well with the Worth Clears I had on the uke. Gonna restring tomorrow w/Martin Fluorocarbons, or maybe restring with some Worth Browns I had on before. My goal was to extend range for chord/melody & fingerstyle. I've tried Red Aquila, Fremont solid low G, and other wound strings, but took 'em off in an hour or so. This string is a keeper! Uke Republic included 2 stickers in the envelope as well...

All the guys at The Ukulele Site(aka HMS) love the Soloist LowG..it is flat wound and polished so no squeak at all..i use it with all the different string brand I have..

hopefully Oasis new ukulele strings will have a LowG string like the Soloist in their string sets..

HMS sells out of the Soloist like crazy..if you see them buy them all haha

Last edited:
I have that string on my new 5 stringer along with Oasis strings. Love the feel and sound out of them. Bought my Fremont Soloist online for 5 bucks + 1 buck for shipping, good deal?

I agree completely with the other comments on the Fremont Soloist low g. I had tried others (including a Savarez Corum 504RH). But everything squeaked. And having played nothing but high g on my first tenor, I was used to the peace and quiet (and feel) of fluorocarbon strings.

But recently at Chuck Moore's suggestion I tried the Fremont string (ordered from Hawaii music supply). And WOW. The string has absolutely no squeaking. None. And it blends much better with the worth clears than other wound G's.

Have had it on my second tenor now for a few days and all is again well in my world.

Keith

Tried one as a low D on a baritone... too floppy. But love it with Worth Clears on my LoPrinzi concert.

Top Bottom