Newbiest of them all from Iowa!

revdj

Reaction score
I've been playing for -2 days (My uke arrives on Wednesday!) I'm very excited to be starting out. I've been watching some "how to" videos, reading a couple of starter .pdf books, and getting psyched. And listening to a lot of stuff, mostly adellethegreat covering the Grateful Dead.

I know I won't be good right away, and at my age I may never be great, but I don't care. I'm in a community of friends who love music, and love the silly lyrics I make up to songs, but it will be wonderful to play with my friends, and for my young daughter when she is feeling dancey. She starts piano lessons tomorrow, so I hope that when I remind/nag her to practice, that will be my built in reminder, too!

Anyway, this seems like such a great forum, and I am glad to have joined!

And we are pleased as punch to have you around! I, too, joined while my first uke was in transit.

Can't wait to hear more from you. Happy uking!

Welcome!
I am from Iowa originally - a great state indeed!

Hey, revdj! A big welcome, indeed! I second igorthebarbarian -- I grew up in IA myself, too! As I recall, the state motto was "A Place to Grow" -- don't know if it's still that, but I remember it well from the many road trips out Interstate 80 between IA and CO (where I went to college) where it was posted on a HUGE sign. Looking forward to getting to know you here -- and you will have a BLAST on this forum! :)

Welcome!
I am from Iowa originally - a great state indeed!

Aloha RevDJ,

Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great
advice happy strummings.

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us. Seeing you practice will achieve more than you bugging her about practicing. Good luck. You'll be practicing with her in no time.

Welcome from southern MN. Glad you joined us. It's great that you have some friend to play/learn with. I would recommend starting with the key of C. Here's a song to get you started

Enjoy and keep us psoted

Attachments

• Money and the Engineer in C.jpg
    Money and the Engineer in C.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 7
Hi revdj

Welcome to UU from Kansas. That makes us nearly homies. UU is a fun place to hang and build some truly interesting friendships. There's lots of positive support here and a Very Deep knowledge base with no shaming of questions or questioners.

Motto

As I recall, the state motto was "A Place to Grow" -- don't know if it's still that, but I remember it well

Every time I speak to an elected official (which is fairly often - Iowa congresspeople tend to run into and speak to their constituents often) I suggest changing the motto to: "IOWA: Do as we say or we stop feeding you." This usually gets a laugh, although sometimes it gets a thoughtful, faraway look!

Super. Make sure you post a picture of it on your "New Uke Day". It's a tradition here!

Welcome, you're going to love this forum. Ive only been here 3 months but all the great info here really, really makes a difference!!

Top Bottom