Throwback Tuesday! Your first pic with your first uke!

silveraven

Reaction score
Do you have any old pictures with your very first ukulele? It doesn't have to be super old, but it would be fun to see some from the 70s or 80s if you have them. :) No, you don't have to be super old to post old pics, you can be super young at that point in time! :D

Last weekend I was digging through old albums for a Father's Day picture when I stumbled across an picture of mini me, back in 1989, playing a plastic toy uke with a missing tuning peg. I must have destroyed it eventually because my younger siblings didn't have any pictures with it. :p

1002713_10151524475357736_774989381_n.jpg

Circa 1971 or so:

View attachment 54700

I wish I still had it!

Wow, Jane! Have you been playing since the 70s? Your playing must be pretty awesome by now. :)

I wish I knew what I had back then. Showed my mum the pic and she laughed saying that it took me 20 years to upgrade to a proper uke. :p Hopefully my next upgrade won't take that long, haha!

Wow, Jane! Have you been playing since the 70s? Your playing must be pretty awesome by now. :)

LOL - no, I started when I was around 7 and stopped a couple years later... not to pick one up again for over 35 more years. But in the 4 years since then, I've definitely made up for lost time :)

Top Bottom