Wig Wam Bam

Phooto

Reaction score
This is a song from a British Glam Rock band, from 1972 called "Wig Wam Bam".

It's my first ever public performance outside of open mic nights at our local acoustic jam (UnplugTheWood). If anyone had said to me just over a year ago before I'd even held a ukulele that I'd be singing solo, or even playing an instrument - let alone in public, I'd have told them that they were mad!

Huge fun, don't care if anyone thinks I'm mad - I'm happy!

Ha! My band used to do a thrash-metal version of this song :D

Not on Ukes btw.

This is such an awesome outing here...Hope we get treated to a lot more from you mate!
Hat is off

'A' Glam rock band? You mean 'THE' Glam rock band? The legends that are The Sweet!

Please can you post the tab/chords for this?

I'm all over it!

[C] Hiawatha didn't bother too much [F] [G]
'Bout [C] Minnie Ha Ha and her [F] tender [G] touch
Till she [C] took him to the silver stream [F] [G]
[F]* Then she whispered words like he’d never heard That [G] made him all shudder inside when she said

Chorus: [C] Wig wam bam gonna [F] make you my [G] man [C] Wam bam bam gonna [F] get you if [G] I can
[C] Wig wam bam wanna [F] make you under[G]stand
[F]* Try a little touch try a little too much
Just [G] try a little wig wam [C] bam
[C] Running Bear never cared enough [F] [G]
About [C] Little White Dove and her [F] tender [G] love Till she [C] took him to the silver stream [F] [G]
She [F]* told him all about what he couldn't live without And [G] made him all weak inside when she said
[G] Wig wam bam sham a lam [C] wam bam bam sham a lam
[G] Wig wam bam sham a lam [C] Wam bam bam sham a lam [D]
[D] Hiawatha didn't bother too much [G] [A]
'Bout [D] Minnie Ha Ha and her [G] tender [A] touch Till she [D] took him to the silver stream [G] [A]
[G]** Then she whispered words like he’d never heard That [A] made him all shudder inside when she said
[D] Wig wam bam gonna [G] make you my [A] man [D] Wam bam bam gonna [G] get you if [A] I can
[D] Wig wam bam wanna [G] make you under[A]stand [G]** Try a little touch try a little too much
Just [A] try a little wig wam [D] bam and she said Repeat chorus in D

* Lift index finger off E string while playing this F to get Sweet effect. (I lift off of the G)

** Slide G formation back a fret while playing this chord to get Sweet effect. (I lift off of the E string)

Sweet vid!

And...

Dat Risa...

:drool:

Hey, Phooto! Just commenting here, too (also did on Season 70) -- this performance was TOP NOTCH, hands-down one of the BEST uke videos I've seen and I LOVED it! No pressure or anything, but I can't wait to see what you do next!!!! :) I'll say it again -- like I did on Season 70 -- BRAVO!!!

Brilliant - chords and lyrics!

I've been working on a few of my own songs recently, but they can now take a back seat whilst I learn this! :D

Fantastic video Simon. Totally kicked it. keep em coming mate...
:cheers:

Top Bottom